Dist 36 Wilseyville HS

Who beat who?

hagendog

Dist 36 Wilseyville HS

Post by hagendog »

So I ran my first HS race and what a kick in the ass. I have rode 3x since May and was not ready for a 90min moto but WTF, CHARGE. Shotgun start and came out of the 5th row in 3rd and made it to first shortly after. Traffic was tight on this so passing was an art to say the least. It was mainly single track with a couple creeks runs and some open stuff. I ran the C Vet class and won :shock: Never really had any problems with the race except passing people. I was told to just rev and yell at them and it works. Some don't move right away but when you yell at them when you come by and give them an elbow they move :twisted: Lap times were consistent and if my hands could of held on past one lap they would have been better. They were numb for most of the race and my thumbs are blistered and feel broken :P There were 166 pepole in the C Class and I took 25th overall. My buddy Eric ran the C Open and won it easily and got 3rd overall. The guy I went with and ride with all the time Wes got 2nd in the B Vet and 19th OA which is flying cause those guys haul the mail. So............This kind of racing is the shit. Stoffers, Big Worm, Wes and the others we all ride with do this stuff everytime we go riding so the speed and terrain wasn't the problem, holding on to a AF500 for an 1 1/2 hrs is a job. I would love to get my bongers set up for me and this style of riding. The 500 is alittle to much bike for this I thought. You don't need all the power and saving weight I think would help a lot. Oh well, run what you brung! I think I will do some more of these next year and see if I can get into the B class. Probably should be there now but they make you start as a C so oh well, I like hardware and wow it's a nice one too. Only saw maybe 2 other 500's there :? but hey not everyones cut out for the big bore 2 smoke no joke, hollar!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

:cool:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Nice
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Elbows work :twisted: :cool:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Great post 'Dog........ Good to hear from you....
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Double :cool:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Nice!! Very :cool:
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Absolutely great! Go buy a GoPro wide angle HD for next time :)
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

The gopro wouldve been destroyed. My head took out about every limb ans sapling on the track. I was thinking video would be sweet though too. There's a pic of me at the start of the race at Sierranevadaadventures.com and some video of the race. Check it out. Oh iam in 3rd in that pic
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Cool pic!! :headbang: