Levers

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
KE 336

Levers

Post by KE 336 »

Is any of you using these levers? One of the local pros showed me these on his bike. Seems like a good idea. I ordered a pair for my daughters YZ and going to give them a try. Just wondering if anyone has experience with them.
http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_Sunlin ... 6c6be0ab99
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

I just saw those and they look sweet. Here's a video on them that I saw over on TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyJWxrRE ... re=related
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

now if that bike had double the cc it'd be perfect
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

My buddy Jason (the guy on the RMZ in all the vids) got those levers, the fancy lever for the brake and the perch and lever for the clutch side. first he bought just the clutch lever but it didn't work right in his perch. they are very nice and he claims the brake lever actually improved the feel of his front brake. I guess the shape is a little different, and it changed the leverage/distance the piston goes in the master. They look and feel nicer than ASV to me.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Pecker runs those..... Friggin' SWEET!

ASV can eat me ......
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

I like my asv's however i got em cheap so i cant complain :D
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

if i ever have to buy new levers again i will probably go with the sunlines. Those are supposed to be bad ass as well..
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

The owner of ASV lives around the corner from me....

:wink:
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Those look to be a better design than the ASV's, the problem I have found with the ASV's is you loose some feel over the clutch because of the spring, I wonder if this is the case with the sunlines. I like ASV for the brake though.
-Jake

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

AlisoBob wrote:The owner of ASV lives around the corner from me....

:wink:
hook it up bob!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

AlisoBob wrote:Pecker runs those..... Friggin' SWEET!

ASV can eat me ......

I was all about ASV til i got these new levers.....i wont go back to asv.

Post by HrcRacing »

Those are sweet but, damn, you gotta' be falling alot to warrant the price. You could buy alot of spare OE levers for the cost of one of those.

That is a sweet ass looking bike though. :cool:
KE 336

Post by KE 336 »

HrcRacing wrote:Those are sweet but, damn, you gotta' be falling alot to warrant the price. You could buy alot of spare OE levers for the cost of one of those.

That is a sweet ass looking bike though. :cool:
I picked up the levers yesterday and will put them to use this weekend provided all this damn rain will move out of here. They appear to be of high quality.
Hrc, I'm about as cheap as they come and am with you on the cost. I did get them $16 off retail though.
These were a birthday present but also has more to do about racing.
When you break one during a race you are pretty well done. Not like going back to the truck on a weekend ride and popping on a spare lever.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Its not about how many levers you can buy.... its about getting back to the truck when your 20 miles from it.

A snapeed off clutch lever, when facing a very techincal uphill section, might mean a night in the desert.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

i broke the clutch lever + perch on a rock after a failed hill climb attempt in the valley, started raining too. was on the '88, not extended and had a 1/2 screwed southwick on it. I wedged a branch under the lever and got a 1 chance dump to get it out of there, lit it up + held it to the wick, its neat how much different you ride when its going to matter :lol: . Got outta there no prob, was lucky to find neutral by the time i got to the fence just past the top, got under it and rode the 5 miles home.
I'm going to be in for a set of these levers when the wallet is up to it.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

AlisoBob wrote:Its not about how many levers you can buy.... its about getting back to the truck when your 20 miles from it.

A snapeed off clutch lever, when facing a very techincal uphill section, might mean a night in the desert.
almopst happened to me years ago on my 125 riding w/ hoofarted, we dropped down into a canyon with rock and mud all around and I completely broke my clutch lever off. I tried so many time until Andy got out after a couple tries and I rode his 250 out. I was pretty green at the time, but it would have really sucked if he couldn't get the bike out.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

AlisoBob wrote:Its not about how many levers you can buy.... its about getting back to the truck when your 20 miles from it.

Yeah, that's a good point. Pretty much all of my riding is done on MX tracks where that's not an issue.
StinkFinger

Post by StinkFinger »

Are you guys fucking stupid or something? Why not just get a $40 set of aluminum wrap-around bark busters and be done with it? You can run the cheapest set of levers for.....EVER! Throw it off a flippin' cliff and your levers will still be intact..

As for the racing scenario.... guess what, if you crash hard enough to break a lever.... you LOSE the race anyways!

Go "F" yourself,

Stinky :D
britincali

Post by britincali »

Barkbusters rule, Ive had countless getoffs since installing mine and havent bent bars or even tewaked a lever :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Darrell262

Post by Darrell262 »

I was going to say barkbusters its pretty much a required item where I live. I don't even think about leavers.

I don't think your allowed to use barkbusters racing mx tho? Since I put the bark busters on the cr 500 i havn't broken a lever since.

On my KTM 300 I put them on pretty much the same day I bought the bike and I am still running stock levers. Which is good cause the clutch lever has a tiny spring in it that I'd hate to loose.

Hell, the clutch leaver is polished now to a nice shine from me using it alot in the bush.

A couple guys managed to snap their bark busters racing enduro up here smacking through trees. crazy. Trail is just wide enough for the bars, or like 1/2 inch shorter and the bark busters take a beating lol
98 Cr 500 Steelie, 08 KTM 300
Both sporting Tera Flex 150x90x18 tires.
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Run Cycra Pro-Bends. Have folding levers but only for the reach adjustment. Don't get all plastic hand guards like the Acerbis ones in the avatar. They'll flex if the bike falls on a hard surface like a garage floor and the lever behind them will get bent. Happened to a friend of mine.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

britincali wrote:Barkbusters rule, Ive had countless getoffs since installing mine and havent bent bars or even tewaked a lever :cool:
x2, i found they keep down the vibration too.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.