Mac/Apple

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Obviously he can't look up that at home.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

CR500R7 wrote:Obviously he can't look up that at home.

Yea, he lives at your house.....
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

AlisoBob wrote:
CR500R7 wrote:Obviously he can't look up that at home.

Yea, he lives at your house.....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That explains why Im living in the garage now. :cry: :cry:
Jack Schitt
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

"I admit it: I'm a bigot. A hopeless bigot at that: I know my particular prejudice is absurd, but I just can't control it. It's Apple. I don't like Apple products. And the better-designed and more ubiquitous they become, the more I dislike them. I blame the customers. Awful people. Awful. Stop showing me your iPhone. Stop stroking your Macbook. Stop telling me to get one.

Seriously, stop it. I don't care if Mac stuff is better. I don't care if Mac stuff is cool. I don't care if every Mac product comes equipped a magic button on the side that causes it to piddle gold coins and resurrect the dead and make holographic unicorns dance inside your head. I'm not buying one, so shut up and go home. Go back to your house. I know, you've got an iHouse. The walls are brushed aluminum. There's a glowing Apple logo on the roof. And you love it there. You absolute MONSTER.

Of course, it's safe to assume Mac products are indeed as brilliant as their owners make out. Why else would they spend so much time trying to convert non-believers? They're not getting paid. They simply want to spread their happiness, like religious crusaders.

Consequently, nothing pleases them more than watching a PC owner struggle with a slab of non-Mac machinery. It validates their spiritual choice. Recently I sat in a room trying to write something on a Sony Vaio PC laptop which seemed to be running a special slow-motion edition of Windows Vista specifically designed to infuriate human beings as much as possible. Trying to get it to do anything was like issuing instructions to a depressed employee over a sluggish satellite feed. When I clicked on an application it spent a small eternity contemplating the philosophical implications of opening it, begrudgingly complying with my request several months later. It drove me up the wall. I called it a bastard and worse. At one point I punched a table.

This drew the attention of two nearby Mac owners. They hovered over and stood beside me, like placid monks.

"Ah: the delights of Vista," said one.

"It really is time you got a Mac," said the other.

"They're just better," sang monk number one.

"You won't regret it," whispered the second.

I scowled and returned to my infernal machine, like a dishevelled park-bench boozer shrugging away two pious AA recruiters by pulling a grubby, dented hip flask from his pocket and pointedly taking an extra deep swig. Leave me alone, I thought. I don't care if you're right. I just want you to die.

I know Windows is awful. Everyone knows Windows is awful. Windows is like the faint smell of piss in a subway: it's there, and there's nothing you can do about it. OK, OK: I know other operating systems are available. But their advocates seem even creepier, snootier and more insistent than Mac owners. The harder they try to convince me, the more I'm repelled. To them, I'm a sheep. And they're right. I'm a helpless, stupid, lazy sheep. I'm also a masochist. And that's why I continue to use Windows – horrible Windows – even though I hate every second of it. It's grim, it's slow, everything's badly designed and nothing really works properly: using Windows is like living in a communist bloc nation circa 1981. And I wouldn't change it for the world, because I'm an abject bloody idiot and I hate myself, and this is what I deserve: to be sentenced to Windows for life.

That's why Windows works for me. But I'd never recommend it to anybody else, ever. This puts me in line with roughly everybody else in the world. No one has ever earnestly turned to a fellow human being and said, "Hey, have you considered Windows?" Not in the real world at any rate.

Until now. Microsoft, hellbent on tackling the conspicuous lack of word-of-mouth recommendation, is encouraging people – real people – to host "Windows 7 launch parties" to celebrate the 22 October release of, er, Windows 7. The idea is that you invite a group of friends – your real friends – to your home – your real home – and entertain them with a series of Windows 7 tutorials. So you show them how to burn a CD, how to make a little video, how to change the wallpaper, and how to, oh no, hang on it's not supposed to do that, oh, I think it's frozen, um, er, let me just, um, no that's not it, um, er, um, er, so how's it going with you and Kathy anyway, um, er, OK well see you around I guess.

To assist the party-hosting massive, they've also uploaded a series of spectacularly cringeworthy videos to YouTube, in which the four most desperate actors in the world stand around in a kitchen sharing tips on how best to indoctrinate guests in the wonder of Windows. If they were staring straight down the lens reading hints off a card it might be acceptable; instead they have been instructed to pretend to be friends. The result is the most nauseating display of artificial camaraderie since the horrific Doritos "Friendchips" TV campaign (which caused 50,000 people to kill themselves in 2003, or should have done).

It's so terrible, it induces an entirely new emotion: a blend of vertigo, disgust, anger and embarrassment which I like to call "shitasmia". It not only creates this emotion: it defines it. It's the most shitasmic cultural artefact in history. Watch it for yourself.

Still, bad though it is, I vaguely prefer the clumping, clueless, uncool, crappiness of Microsoft's bland Stepford gang to the creepy assurance of the average Mac evangelist. At least the grinning dildos in the Windows video are fictional, whereas eerie replicant Mac monks really are everywhere, standing over your shoulder in their charcoal pullovers, smirking with amusement at your hopelessly inferior OS, knowing they're better than you because they use Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.

Snow Leopard. SNOW LEOPARD.

I don't care if you're right. I just want you to die."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... ac-windows

I guess I could be one of the placid monk in the above article. I wont try to sway you from your windoze machine. I will smugly state, "Have fun..."
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

My new iMac...saved this summer for it. My white iMac is going to to my mom. After almost 4 years...its still works great.

24" screen, AT4850 High Def Grafix card, 1TB HDD and 4G of RAM

OS X intro:

Transferring my iTunes/iPhoto library over from my 17" MacBook Pro:

Done! Image
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Are they your service medals.
Jack Schitt
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Yes, those are medals I have been awarded.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

"make holographic unicorns dance inside your head"
that can happen from running your u4.2 fuel'd 500 + cb750 hillclimber in a garage too :lol: :roll:
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:Yes, those are medals I have been awarded.

Congratulations on a job well done, nice to see you made it back safe.
Jack Schitt
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Darrell262

Post by Darrell262 »

The people that make the virus's and other things make them for pc's because there are many many more people running them. Why make a virus for a system where your program has very little exposure. (mac) because not as many people own them. Once more people buy macs they will have the virus issues as well.

The macs look nice, I've only played with a few in a computer store.

I had a question about macs tho, you guys own them so my question is can you add a second monitor to your computer? This isn't bashing. I truly don't know, and would like to know.

My pc is custom made I've spent some money on it it works pretty decent. I bought a 24 inch wide screen monitor which is very nice. I also have a 19 inch lcd monitor beside it which I love. I would have a 3rd 19inch monitor on the other side but the computer box is in the way on my desk and I don't have room to move the computer off the desk (tight spot)

I couldn't ever go back to 1 monitor again. 2 min Its far too handy to have 2. This website is full screen on the 24inch monitor and on the other monitor is my vista widgets my itunes music player software playing music.
98 Cr 500 Steelie, 08 KTM 300
Both sporting Tera Flex 150x90x18 tires.