Comp Edge 8/23

Who beat who?

iggys-amsoil

Comp Edge 8/23

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Well where do I begin?

It was certainly a different day. 90*, 10mph breeze, very unusual for mid August. Track prep was excellent kept it water well all day. 4th race so early to get home, not that I care really. Bike ran great, although harder to start in the morning.

First moto I line up near the dog house as its a straight line over the hill to the first turn. I'm part of the first gate group this time with the 50+ novice (20 seconds a lap faster) and the 40+ beginners. Great the first couple of corners could get ugly. Oh well, I decided to put my head down and go for it. Then 57 pulls in to my right and while were waiting he's practicing launching out of the gate. Hmmm..... not a bad idea really. So I anticipated a fast gate drop, which it was and he gets a good launch alright, straight across my path and almost takes out the guy on my left. :x I had the presents of mind to cut underneith to the right taking a little roost in the process. I think I got by most of them. Throughout the first lap or two I see four people go down. One of which handed me the lead. YES! :cool: I didn't know that until much later when a got the lap times and I find out I won that race. I'm like totally beside myself containing my excitement. All I could do is go see Vixen012 and share race results with her. Bummer for her though, she's not sure how she hit a tuff double to clear and some how jammed her ankles and she decided to call it a day. It is a tuff double for us as I never did clear it two weeks ago, and on the third lap of the second moto the bike stood almost straight up. Cleared it nicely though. :lol: I almost didn't jump it the next two laps after cause I was pretty spent by then but both times came off cleanly.

Moto two, I just wanted to maintain the same drive I had for the first race, this time I lined up next to the dog house to stay away from that guy. Got about the same start only I saw the guy who should of won the first moto in front of me so I knew if he dosen't make a mistake he's going to get the overall which he did. Oh well it was nice winning one of these. Only real mistake was being nose high off the stuggling double mentioned above.

I actually had a good battle going with #146 in both motos who I've raced with before. The outcome didn't matter cause he's in another class. But still fun. I noticed he was just trying the clear the step up by the tower so I knew it would be a good place to pass him. Two weeks ago I scared myself over that jump to the point of locking the rear in the air a couple of times and it was dead stick on landing, no prob in forth gear cause they light up easy at that speed. He even congratted me on noticing improvement in my skills so thats always nice to hear from someone that you don't know to well.

All in all a good day.

Here's the Gallery pics of race 4. The one good picture I thought FV got, he didn't. :x Oh and 57, he did get by. :?

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPa ... 0C39002Y03
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Congrats on the Moto win iggys-amsoil. :wink:

As long as you go home, not via the hospital you have had a good day. :lol:
Jack Schitt