Aftermarket Footpegs

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Alfaman

Aftermarket Footpegs

Post by Alfaman »

Guys, Im looking for some good Footpegs for my 89 Steelie 500, after all the good work gone into the re build, the original Pegs look....Quite frankly SHIT !!...Ive tried a few Motocross shops for some Fat aftermarket pegs such as Talon, but no ones stock lists go back as far as CR500 fitment so i tried matching mine up to a pals 07 CRF 450, but no good, then against a pals KTM 06 560SMR, and the KTM fitment looks close..Does anyone know whats best..???....Here in the UK Talon Billet Fat Pegs are around £70 ($120ish), thats really about the most i want to pay, any good ideas or links would be great....Thanks Si :D
yaya

Post by yaya »

I got Fastway F3s on my 1992, love them. I did a quick search for you and they only list 1995 and up. Email them and they should know if they would fit a 1989. Someone on this site will know as well. I don't think they would change the peg mount but I am not sure. They are around $130 U.S., feel like floorboards.

www.promotobillet.com
BBB!
Bikes, Broads, Beer.
Who gives a crap what order it's in...
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

rockymountainatv has cool IMS pegs for '89. not sure what their international shipping policy is though.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/typeDet ... Parts=true
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

I have the IMS Pros on my 88 and love them
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
4Z

Post by 4Z »

X2 for Fastway (Promoto Billet)
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

I know the pegs off of a 01 CR500 will fit on an 87 CR500, mounting bracket is exactly the same.
So 95-01 aftermarket pegs should fit your 89 for sure. :wink:
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

Late model KTM pegs fit, with approx 1mm of width removed from the foot pegs pivot point - I use std KTM ones with the KTM springs and a small block welded on to perfectly match the short Gas Gas KS (when it hits the peg) that I use. This is on my 02 CRE500. The pegs are about 7mm lower & you should be able to use aftermarket KTM pegs if you have difficulty getting units specifically made for the CR. Gives you a lot of options.

I have also used for many years,on various bikes, stainless bolts, with an unthreaded section that goes all the way through the frame mounts with washers & nyloc nuts - doesn't wear the frame /pegs or bolts & I have never bent them. It also strengthens the frame/peg mount hugely. Much better than pin & split pin. When my knees are really giving me heaps I use original Honda items that I've lowered by 32mm(1.25") & widened (gull-winged down & out) by 20mm either side - suites knees that bend less than 90 degrees & tweaked outward by a few decades of bone on bone wear.
Last edited by bearorso on June 22nd, 2009, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

I don't like the sound of those knees dude, sounds uncomfortable.
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

Fucked knees go with the territory on bikes.............I bet we could start an argument that would last forever here, and elsewhere, as to who's got the worst knees (it's always your own). I walk with sticks most of the time nowadays.

First time my lady went to a race, she commented that she didn't see anyone that wasn't limping or without scars - my grand daughter still believes that I had 2 small sharks latch onto my knees in the surf one day - that's the story I told her when she asked about the " scary wrinkles" she noticed on my knees - she also keeps asking my brother to give me back my LH knee cap that he "stole" from me ( smashed to smithereens & taken out in '79 ).......... Hey that's what grand kids are for, to tell imaginative stories to!
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

I try to tell stories to my 4 year old daughter, but she has this look of you are talking shit again dad aren't you. :shock: :?
Oh well you know you are getting OLD when you can't put anything over your 4 year old. :roll:
Alfaman

Post by Alfaman »

Thanks for all the help Guys, i found a shop today that had a pair ,so they are winging their way to me right now, with a bit of good luck the bike may be up and running this Saturday, so i will take plenty of Pics, once again ,thanks for the help guys...Si :D