Vet X Round 6 Perris 5/31

Who beat who?

iggys-amsoil

Vet X Round 6 Perris 5/31

Post by iggys-amsoil »

188 sign-ups for Sunday. You'd a thought it was a summer race. :shock: Usually there is 280-300. Maybe the Econo has caught up to racing?

This series has been one of the more stressful ones, as the cracking pipe and the new one rubbing the tire was unnerving, been using the old the last two races and practices, the weld is pretty ugly this time but has held with no cracks, (Thanks to my sponcer Rick J), then I think my right lower leg has/had a small fracture from a Perris practice but didn't feel it til the next morning, then after the first moto at Racetown my left boot is way tight only to discover a bump on the top of my foot. I'm like WTF again :? is that fractured too? Anyway time to take a month off and let things heel up. But man, I'm already having anxiety knowing I'm not riding this coming weekend.

Well another sleepless night :x doesn't really matter this time as the series ending is sewn up, so just ride and be as safe as one can be. However one that is 60 y old signed up in my class. Dam, he's either gona kick my ass or roll everything, shit he must of been hittin the big double as he's like 10-12 seconds faster a lap. 8) Oh well good for him.

With some coaching from Vixen (I asked), I made the three doubles, not the big one, :? That one seemed shorter than before and doable but didn't want my vacation ruined. My poor cornering skills caused her to roll the double I asked her about, cause she was on me, then to go by hootin and haulering as we rolled the big double. :lol: One of the hilites of the day aside from the front end being pretty nose high clearing the finish line table one lap. It was a fun race.

They handed out 12X15 Black laquored placks with the Vet X logo and general stuff about age and class entered, nice, different. I'll take a pic later and post it. And a Maxxis 120 IT and some gogles.

Pretty sure Bergstroms photography got a good pic coming off the hill but there not posted yet. Fractured Vet was at Hangtown covering the Nats.

All in all it seems like I'm getting better at this, some doubles don't seem to rattle my nerves as before. Guess I should hire a trainer and work on cornering. :lol:

Finished the series in second place.
Last edited by iggys-amsoil on June 4th, 2009, 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Ok pics of the day. Both motos of race 6

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thumbpa ... ?e=4756710

Motomom, Vixen012, Mxpanther vintageguy, Me, in Race 6, both motos, tons of pics.

Motomom

Vixen012

Vintage YZ

Vixen and I

Couple of the woman almost crashing into one who had an issue that caused me to roll the double of the triple ahead of them,
third and fourth row down.
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPa ... g=0M&s=175

Table after the 90'er
Same table
Not happy after rolling it, Nice roost though

He never got one of doubling the triple. :?
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

Damn Iggy! Hope you heal up quickly. Its always great reading the race results. Your work ethic, dedication, and enthusiasm are awesome!

Keep rippin!!!!!!

:cool: