92 forks

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
ckaster500

92 forks

Post by ckaster500 »

Hello all! I changed the oil in my forks over the weekend. Figured seven years was long enough. New oil and seals and o-rings were installed on everything. I put it all back together and the forks do not want to fully extend with just the weight of the bike. It is better than it was but its still like there is not enough spring force or something. If I hold the brake and pull back then they will fully extend and hold the bike weight but as soon as I hold the brake and push down briefly and then release, they will retract like normal but then they wont come back all the way, like I think they should. A side note is that the rebound adjustment on the left fork top cap just spins and spins with no stopping or end and the adjustment on the right fork will not even move at all. Can someone explain what these adjustment screws are for and also if they are related to my problem or not. Has anyone experianced this before.

Thanks
Travis

Post by Travis »

My bike did something similar without the screw adjustment deal. I stuck another set of forks on it and have not had time to take the others apart yet. However something in one of them is broke because I can press it together and it stays together :shock: like there is no spring at all. The other feels fine. You may have put something together wrong on one side. Probably have to take it apart and check things out.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee