TTM, scam or no scam?

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!

Scam or no scam?

Poll ended at April 29th, 2009, 9:23 am

scam
19%
not a scam
81%

Total votes: 32

CR500 4 Ever

TTM, scam or no scam?

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

Is waiting a long time for a bike that ends up being a disaster a scam or not? You would think if a mistake was made you would stand behind you product right? Maybe Mike should just stick with frames, not complete bikes.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

bernie madof and the $52 million ponzi sceme was a scam, calling mike a scam might be going alittle over board. but, there definatly seems to be something fishy going on. its funny how when these issues come to light, theres always 2 totally different stories. its hard to say if we will ever hear the REAL story :?
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

100hp honda wrote:bernie madof and the $52 million ponzi sceme was a scam, calling mike a scam might be going alittle over board. but, there definatly seems to be something fishy going on. its funny how when these issues come to light, theres always 2 totally different stories. its hard to say if we will ever hear the REAL story :?
I agree 100%. Maybe I'm being a little hard on Mike Almighty, but it is clear that something HAS happened and we need the answers, not excusses.
Travis

Post by Travis »

CR500 4 Ever wrote:I agree 100%. Maybe I'm being a little hard on Mike Almighty, but it is clear that something HAS happened and we need the answers, not excusses.
You don't need answers. You have no money in this deal and are obviously a SH supporter. No problem there but if Mike takes your money then you will NEED answers. You are just looking for entertainment.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

travis is correct , this poll should be deleted
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I voted "No Scam"

Right now,its just delays.
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

AlisoBob wrote:I voted "No Scam"

You can do better than that. You own this forum, delete this horse shit. This mother fucker has no stake in what's going on anyway.

He's proven on the other forum that he's nothing more than a narcissistic fucker and is only trying to start shit.
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

HrcRacing wrote:

You can do better than that. You own this forum, delete this horse shit. This mother fucker has no stake in what's going on anyway.

He's proven on the other forum that he's nothing more than a narcissistic fucker and is only trying to start shit.
It's too much to expect people to show some class and be decent I suppose. It is the internet after all. ~sarcasm~
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Exnav wrote:
HrcRacing wrote:

It's too much to expect people to show some class and be decent I suppose. It is the internet after all. ~sarcasm~
Thank you, that was a good laugh for mid day Sunday. :lol:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Why would you even post this?
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

It's a free forum that's why I say vote!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
bodger

Post by bodger »

If I had just spent almost $10,000 on a conversion with a zero hours ported engine, then it turned out not to be so new and not ported, then I would feel like I had just been scammed, and I bet every single member here would feel the same if it was their hard earned $10,000.

I vote yes.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

Travis wrote: You don't need answers. You have no money in this deal and are obviously a SH supporter. No problem there but if Mike takes your money then you will NEED answers. You are just looking for entertainment.

like i said before, i think the REAL story needs told. potential future customers are depending on it. what ever the real story is, it should be told and not brushed under the carpet
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I've suggested it before.... ALL TTM customers should have started their own threads, and kept them current in "real time", to show the progress ( or lack of) in each of their bikes. That would be the only way to tell the "True Story".

If you want to sit and quietly wait months, anonymously, then your obviously comfortable with that too.

Anyone who has dealt with ANY fabricator knows that the squeeky wheel gets the grease.
zorak-2

Post by zorak-2 »

this poll is.
:lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame:
:lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame:
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

This sounds like a bigger problem than just delays.
But, if you look at it...it really wasn’t a full brand new zero time motor that I got was it? The shifter shaft was boogered up, the flywheel thread on the crank needed some work, the rusty water stains inside water pump, the rod has a nick in it, center case thread chuncked and so on....Then all the other issues with the motor which made my Christmas/New Years trip suck.. I lost the excitement I once had for this bike....being in havasu with my family and friends for a week and a half and I could not get a decent ride without having to carry oil or the fear of blowing something up fucking sucks. I had to putt-putt around on a 125...that blew. Then we take apart the motor you built and more shit is found.....just a real sloppy assembly with metal shavings and the wrong piston installed. It’s all been a real let down in my opinion. Now the transmission is fucked up, whats next? I call you and I get a quick response “its not my fault” without even
a second to think about it and say well maybe after all the other thinks that went wrong with the engine build..it could be that something was left out, just like the clutch actuator seal. It may very well be a honda mistake but with the past….im not so sure. I was told by you on several occations that the bike was ported just like yours, well guess what….bob and I took my bike apart today….guess what, you lied to me about that…it is 100% stock….matched it right up with my old motor…how do you explain that mike..
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

CR500 4 Ever wrote: This sounds like a bigger problem than just delays.
I dont know where the parts for this motor came from, but I do know this much.

1. The water pump cover looked 100% new, but when we pulled it off there were some rust stains inside. Was it "used", Yes. Is that a big deal? No... its just an accessory.

2. The motor leaked oil, turns out Mike fudged up the gasket. Oh well, shit happen when your rushing.

3. "The motor wasnt ported" This build was running behind. Pecker and I went to Mikes shop to finish the bike. Mike said he didnt have time to clean the casting flash out the ports, and clean out the junction between where the jug and the sleeve meet. This was the extent of the "porting", and I beleive it was tossed in for free anyways..... Again, not the end of the world.

I see the delivery schedule as the big issue.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ok, so who the fuck are these guys (bodger and cr500 4 ever)?? I never see any posts from either of them and now they are eating this ttm shit up...
Do the 2 of you have anything usefull to contribute to this board?! I don't believe I have seen either of you help a hoon w/ tuning Q's, point some hoons at some good secret riding spots, send a broke hoon some old parts to get his bike going?
If you're not going to contribute, then STFU!
Mike might have had issues on this build and might be far behind on a pile of builds, but I've been out riding w/ the dude, I've broken bread with the guy, he has sent me free parts, he has fed me and helped me w/ tons of welding and fab advise... He has contributed to the community we have here, you guys have not. Who is the real scammer???
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

dannygraves wrote:ok, so who the fuck are these guys (bodger and cr500 4 ever)?? I never see any posts from either of them and now they are eating this ttm shit up...
Do the 2 of you have anything usefull to contribute to this board?! I don't believe I have seen either of you help a hoon w/ tuning Q's, point some hoons at some good secret riding spots, send a broke hoon some old parts to get his bike going?
If you're not going to contribute, then STFU!
Mike might have had issues on this build and might be far behind on a pile of builds, but I've been out riding w/ the dude, I've broken bread with the guy, he has sent me free parts, he has fed me and helped me w/ tons of welding and fab advise... He has contributed to the community we have here, you guys have not. Who is the real scammer???
Finally someone said it and it was by someone who has been around this site since day one.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

WOW Ive been gone for a few days and come back to WTF
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Travis

Post by Travis »

lewisclan wrote:WOW Ive been gone for a few days and come back to WTF
You have missed it then. There are about 6 threads about the same thing and I think 2 people are running the risk of getting banned from the banned site. It is Ridiculous. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Dude, Jay, you know you can't just up and leave for a few days, this place goes to shit real quick :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

dannygraves wrote:
Dude, Jay, you know you can't just up and leave for a few days, this place goes to shit real quick :wink:
I GUESS SO EVERYONE NEEDS TO CALM DOWN
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Travis

Post by Travis »

lewisclan wrote:
I GUESS SO EVERYONE NEEDS TO CALM DOWN
No kidding! Nice to come back and the house be upside down isn't it. :lol:
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee