Teem-Trubble vendor status

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

100hp honda wrote:
BigSteve wrote: I am sure he will do his best to make everything right as soon as possible. Having people slander you or run your name through the mud doesn't help the situation any either. Cut him a little slack, please.

-Steve
shifter shaft was boogered up, the flywheel thread on the crank needed some work, the rusty water stains inside water pump, the rod has a nick in it, center case thread chuncked and wrong piston

1- if everything ive read is true and i have no reason to believe its not true, because mike would of been on here real quick to defend himself if it wasnt true, but he hasnt done that. with that said, ANYBODY that KNOWINGLY installs these suspect parts into a motor, then tells the customer hes getting a 0 hour motor has lost all credibility with me, plain and simple.

Was this a zero mile rebuild (big end bearing, crank bearings, seals, pin bearing, pin, piston (bore & hone), rings, clips, gasket set, etc) or a BRAND NEW ENGINE with 100% new Honda components? If it was a used water pump, could it not have stains from the previous coolant/liquid? What piston was in it that was the WRONG piston? One from another engine? A different brand then that which was specified/agreed upon? How could it be the wrong piston?

2- ive never heard 1 time anybody ever post anything but positive stuff about mike. wheres all these posts about his name getting dragged through the mud ? :roll:

Cepek, Bodger...who's up next?

3- cut him slack ? refer to #1

Let's see first what exactly happened with Ryan's engine and whatever is Mike's fault, I'm sure he'll take care of. Everybody here is quick to point a finger, even those who don't have any money in the game.
britincali

Post by britincali »

BigSteve wrote:[What piston was in it that was the WRONG piston? One from another engine? A different brand then that which was specified/agreed upon? How could it be the wrong piston?[/b][/color]

Wrong year older style piston, I guess the ring pins are in a different location and the ring end snagged the port a little.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

'90-'01 is all the same...was somebody wrong on the year of the engine? Either one of them?
bodger

Post by bodger »

Regard the piston maybe he asked for wiseco but got something else.

Anyway nearly everyone wants to cut teemtrubble some slack but he has had 2 months of slack to resolve this in private.

No other vendor or even individual seller has ever had this tip-toe service when shit happened, even “tell it like it is Bob” is giving out a get out of jail free card here “after” the shit hit the fan.

Anyone like MPS or Service Honda would be getting beat on bad from the board led by Mike from Teemtrubble and Bob.

Rjacks would be in the photo chop and facebook stage by now.

Double standards.

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

bodger wrote:.. even “tell it like it is Bob” is giving out a get out of jail free card here “after” the shit hit the fan.
Who do you think threw the shit into the fan?

Your a retard bodger.
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

:revolve: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

bob, apparently you seen the insides of cepeks motor ? is this true what he claims ? because at this point i have no reason to belive its a false claim. ive talked to mike about 2 times on the phone months ago and he seemed cool, but my very breif conversation with him hardly tells the whole story about a person. is there any photos of this motor in question ? because i would really like to see if the situation is as bad as its being portrayed ? getting promised a due date on a chassis and having it drag on months later before you recieve it is one thing......being promised a brandnew engine and someone knowingly install junk parts is a whole different situation. bob, i remeber when you slammed S/H for a long time simply because AJ wouldnt respond to your question about if he will raise the qaulity of his product.....he never did reply, so you basically wrote him off as he will never upgrade the qaulity of his bikes. i see the same thing happening here, there are claims against mike, he declines to make a response, so im led to belive all these claims are true :?. lets not have any bullshit brushed under the rug, lets hear the true story and some photos to see whats going on
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

britincali wrote: Wrong year older style piston, I guess the ring pins are in a different location and the ring end snagged the port a little.
Ya, the old honda # has shorter pins in wider set locations and were changed up with a superceeding part#, my honda dealer has an old style one new in the box that i wouldnt accept after seeing what it looks like, I think the change was from the 85-86 piston to the 87-88, and then again in later years, theres not many old #'s left, but the dealer can supply them for up to 40$ less to me if you'd like one.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

This is what I know of Peckers motor, and some of it has to do what what you consider a new motor consists of.

The MOTOR itself looks all new, and 100% Honda.... no monkey business there.

The stator / flywheel looked used ( you know how the rust streaks our from the rivets on a used one?)

The water pump leaked when we first put it together. It turns out 1/2 the gasket was missing. How is half the gasket missing on a new motor? It looked like it was assembled once before, and the gasket ripped on disassembly, and someone put it back together "as-is"......

So, techically, it wasnt 100%, "never been together before new.".. but it was about $1k cheaper than S/H too. It ran well when I saw it that night.
Very low vibes, mechanically quiet. No leaks. Seemed like a winner to me.

I would take a motor that was discounted $1k for having a used stator and missing water pump gasket.

Their was a rattle that turned out to be a bad shift fork. Mike stood behind it and ordered a replacement. It has taken some time, but mike told pecker he would have it this weekend.

Regarding the piston, Mike told me he ordered the correct one, and the part number on the box was correct. How the wrong piston got in the correct box is beyond my knowlage. .

Regarding the porting, I dont have a clue what occured.

What some of you are missing is the difference between TTM and SH.

SH does this for profit, its their only business. Mike does this for fun, and hopefully makes a few $$$ to make it worth the hassle

SH builds basically one bike. Mike builds the TTMWorks 500 ( 125 based) but also dabbles in Gen 3 -250, and Gen 3/4- 450 based bikes too.

SH is a corportation, Mike is my good friend.

You have any idea how hard it was to pull the sites reccomendation for TTM??? I ride with Mike, fuck around with Mike, Shoot with Mike.. WE destroy Sushi bars from time to time too.

I know his wife and kids quite well too. I didnt pull his vendor status perminatlly. I had a few situations brought to my attention.... and in the best interest of the board and its members tried to resolve this the best way I knew how to. Eventually this became a public, not private situation.

It may have put a tremendous strain on my friendship with Mike, but it had to be done.... for you.... my members.

Mike is taking care of these issues, and once done will rejoin the approved vendors list. Until then he's working as hard as he can and thats all you can ask from anyone.

Each customer will have to decide what they are willing to accept in terms of delivery dates and scheduling... but thats for them to work out.

My job to to alert everyone before it got out of hand. I did... and now Mike has some work cut out for him.

As Mike himself stated.... " This has been a dificult 14 months for me". It has been, but for allot of other Hoons too.

If Mike can get some items out the door, and if some Hoons can wait a little longer.... Everyone will still be shaking hands when this chapter closes....

..... and Mike still makes the best conversion around. Period.

:wink:
zorak-2

Post by zorak-2 »

right box and part number but wrong part that shit happens to me all the time where I work at.go to pepboys,kragens or any of those places and one out five parts is either boxed wrong from the factory or someone switched the part and returned shit happens.

as far as the motor its self being a zero hr motor who knows maybe the guy mike got it from told him that.the only way you would ever get a zero hr motor would be to purchase it from a honda dealer or or buy a bike that is in the factory container and even then they are not a true zero hr motor anyways.they are fired and tuned at the factory before they get crated up and shipped then the dealer puts them to gether fires it and checks everything out.so in my opion the only true zero hr motor would be one that is purchased from the honda dealer in a box.
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500
zorak-2

Post by zorak-2 »

AlisoBob wrote:As Mike himself stated.... " This has been a dificult 14 months for me". It has been, but for allot of other Hoons too.

X2 and I right their with mike it been a bad yr 1 1/2.I believe mike will make it right.
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

AlisoBob wrote:This is what I know of Peckers motor, and some of it has to do what what you consider a new motor consists of.

The MOTOR itself looks all new, and 100% Honda.... no monkey business there.

The stator / flywheel looked used ( you know how the rust streaks our from the rivets on a used one?)

The water pump leaked when we first put it together. It turns out 1/2 the gasket was missing. How is half the gasket missing on a new motor? It looked like it was assembled once before, and the gasket ripped on disassembly, and someone put it back together "as-is"......

So, techically, it wasnt 100%, "never been together before new.".. but it was about $1k cheaper than S/H too. It ran well when I saw it that night.
Very low vibes, mechanically quiet. No leaks. Seemed like a winner to me.

I would take a motor that was discounted $1k for having a used stator and missing water pump gasket.

Their was a rattle that turned out to be a bad shift fork. Mike stood behind it and ordered a replacement. It has taken some time, but mike told pecker he would have it this weekend.

Regarding the piston, Mike told me he ordered the correct one, and the part number on the box was correct. How the wrong piston got in the correct box is beyond my knowlage. .

Regarding the porting, I dont have a clue what occured.

What some of you are missing is the difference between TTM and SH.

SH does this for profit, its their only business. Mike does this for fun, and hopefully makes a few $$$ to make it worth the hassle

SH builds basically one bike. Mike builds the TTMWorks 500 ( 125 based) but also dabbles in Gen 3 -250, and Gen 3/4- 450 based bikes too.

SH is a corportation, Mike is my good friend.

You have any idea how hard it was to pull the sites reccomendation for TTM??? I ride with Mike, fuck around with Mike, Shoot with Mike.. WE destroy Sushi bars from time to time too.

I know his wife and kids quite well too. I didnt pull his vendor status perminatlly. I had a few situations brought to my attention.... and in the best interest of the board and its members tried to resolve this the best way I knew how to. Eventually this became a public, not private situation.

It may have put a tremendous strain on my friendship with Mike, but it had to be done.... for you.... my members.

Mike is taking care of these issues, and once done will rejoin the approved vendors list. Until then he's working as hard as he can and thats all you can ask from anyone.

Each customer will have to decide what they are willing to accept in terms of delivery dates and scheduling... but thats for them to work out.

My job to to alert everyone before it got out of hand. I did... and now Mike has some work cut out for him.

As Mike himself stated.... " This has been a dificult 14 months for me". It has been, but for allot of other Hoons too.

If Mike can get some items out the door, and if some Hoons can wait a little longer.... Everyone will still be shaking hands when this chapter closes....

thnx for trying to clear a few things up. this whole situation caught me off gaurd 2 days ago. i had no idea there was trouble brewing but im glad it was made public and not kept behind closed doors like some other sites would have done. it sucks it had to get this far though, because future customers will surely read about this whole ordeal and im sure it will tarnish mikes reputation to some degree. if all the parties involved are happy in the end, i guess thats all that matters
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote:...future customers will surely read about this whole ordeal and im sure it will tarnish mikes reputation to some degree.
I'm not so sure. If TTM makes the effort to get things handled quickly, it might help his reputation of doing what needs to be done to satisify his customers.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I don't need any free ride from any one and don't forget to mention the 6 weeks that pecker head was MIA Bob himself called me to see if I heard from him and yes the piston was in the wrong box. I've been working as a Sub Contractor for anther DOD Contractor in their facility 13 1/2 hours a night so I've been in my shop about 4 hours a week 10 minutes a night fom about 11:10-11:20 Monday thru Saturday.

Booger you must be some rich guy being able to tell the future with the "I had a feeling this day would come" maybe you could tell me if my Dad's gonna be ok who just had a heart attack a few days ago, or how long my Wife has who was just diagnosed with cancer or if my son will come home safe from Afghanastan either way no one has to give me any pass and I'm not doing anything different except I can't post as much as I'd like to I'm busy trying to get a few hours of sleep so shut the fuck up talking about me you don't know me but, at the begining of the thread is all my contact info address included.

I gotta go back to work I'll try to answer more later...
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

Looks like Mighty Mike turned out to be a scammer after all. I knew it was too good to be true. This scam and the recently snapped frame, should be a clear message to all, call Service Honda you'll have a excellent custom bike in 4 to 6 weeks. Oh yeah, it won't break and it will be a 100% brand new zero hour bike.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I don't have any broken bikes what are you talking about?
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

teemtrubble wrote:I don't have any broken bikes what are you talking about?

Think real hard, I know its tough your going through some rough times, but just maybe I was talking about the one from the UK in another thread that snapped in half. :roll:
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

That's not mine matter of fact it looks like a SH.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
bodger

Post by bodger »

teemtrubble wrote:I don't need any free ride from any one and don't forget to mention the 6 weeks that pecker head was MIA Bob himself called me to see if I heard from him and yes the piston was in the wrong box. I've been working as a Sub Contractor for anther DOD Contractor in their facility 13 1/2 hours a night so I've been in my shop about 4 hours a week 10 minutes a night fom about 11:10-11:20 Monday thru Saturday.

Booger you must be some rich guy being able to tell the future with the "I had a feeling this day would come" maybe you could tell me if my Dad's gonna be ok who just had a heart attack a few days ago, or how long my Wife has who was just diagnosed with cancer or if my son will come home safe from Afghanastan either way no one has to give me any pass and I'm not doing anything different except I can't post as much as I'd like to I'm busy trying to get a few hours of sleep so shut the fuck up talking about me you don't know me but, at the begining of the thread is all my contact info address included.

I gotta go back to work I'll try to answer more later...

Mike the reason I knew this day would come is contained right there in your post, you have a totally belligerent attitude to fellow CR500 bike converters, you couldn’t help yourself having a swipe at Kenny with the “plows snow” reference, and he’s not even competition anymore. What goes around comes around.

And I’m just so busy with work does not ring true if you can answer other people’s emails and calls but avoid this particular customer.
Maybe it is true but it comes across like slow old fart and his pictures, bob had the sticky thread about wanting emails from TTM bike owners up there for weeks you must have known this was all coming and could have made it good in private, bob gave you every bit of help he could but here we are.

booger the retard
cryzsurfer

Teem-Trubble vendor status

Post by cryzsurfer »

Regardless of how this turns out I'd still do business with Mike in a heartbeat. I talked to him on the phone and believe me he knows his shit in all aspects of the build. That knowledge and the obvious quality of his finished product as in welding, heat treat, and machine work puts him on a pedestal to me. I just had to fire a young welder and would kill to have someone with Mike's broad experience take his place.
Craigus
zorak-2

Post by zorak-2 »

CR500 4 Ever wrote:Looks like Mighty Mike turned out to be a scammer after all. I knew it was too good to be true. This scam and the recently snapped frame, should be a clear message to all, call Service Honda you'll have a excellent custom bike in 4 to 6 weeks. Oh yeah, it won't break and it will be a 100% brand new zero hour bike.
Dude what the FUCK are you talking about.your fucking moron no one got scammed and hes never had a frame break either you fucking didlo.I know both parties in this and the will work thing out.alos you cant compare a ttm bike to a service honda bike theirs no way you fucking douche bag :evil: .
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

I did not say it was Mike's bike that broke, Mike does great work, but he obviously took on too much of it. It sounds like Mike promised some things and never came through, that to me is a scam. Nothing like spending a lot of hard earned dough on a dream bike, then have to crack it open to find the stuff you paid for does not exist. I just call as I see it. No pesonal vendetta here. All I am saying is if it takes over a year to get a bike from Mike that ends up being not as advertized, then you might as well save your money for a year and buy a REAL 500AF. Everyone see's Mike in a god like status, it was about time he was brought back down to earth. If Mike had prior commitments he should not have taken on the work, it is nobody fault but his own, it certainly is not his families so he should not use them as an excuse. It may sound heartless but there is someone who is out a lot of cash. Some people seam to have no problem slamming AJ and Service Honda. It's Mikes turn.
Travis

Post by Travis »

I can say that I think Mike is a stand up guy. Even if there may be some shady dealing going on. I am sure there is good reasons for everything that has happened. Just from my experience. When I first got my bike I posted a thread about my water pump just as a question. I had heard people post about a weep hole and thought mine may be stopped up. I had never spoken with Mike or even talked in a thread. He immediately PM'd me his number because he thought that my bike needed some attention and wanted to make sure that it was given. He could have just posted in the thread but instead he ended up calling me at home to help. We are 3 time zones away from each other and he still made the effort. After a conversation with him he even tried to send me spokes for my bike totally free. To the best of my memory I think he even offered to take care of shipping. He did not owe me anything and knew me from no one else. Granted this was a year ago or more, things may have changed. Other builders I have asked questions of I haven't even received an email from. I am sure that I don't have the dough to buy an AF from any builder, but when I get a frame I am sure I can count on Mike to walk me through it without hesitation. I will say he is the only person west of the Mississippi river who's number is saved in my cell for what that is worth.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

CR500 4 Ever wrote:Everyone see's Mike in a god like status, it was about time he was brought back down to earth.
Mike's just guy, like you, me, or AJ.
CR500 4 Ever wrote: It may sound heartless but there is someone who is out a lot of cash. Some people seam to have no problem slamming AJ and Service Honda. It's Mikes turn.
No one is "Out" anything...... yet.

Time will tell.
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

Time will tell.
Seems like time has told, too much time, that is the issue here is it not Mike's lack of response, I remember clearly that he told me building bikes was a "hobby" for him, that does not mean he can take his sweet ass time dealing with issues when people have paid and deadlines have passed. It is all about seat time, and it sounds like there is not a whole lot of that when dealing with Mike. Even if Mike eventually does the right thing, what's done is done and he can never make it totally go away. Wicked frames, bad service. In business you cannot make eveyone happy, but the customer is always right. If Mike does not have the time, he should send the bike to someone else, get it fixed, give the man what he wants and has paid for. If Mike feels the customer is wrong, then do not conduct business with them again. He should be putting himself in the postion where he can say he did whatever he could to make the customer happy and put the ball back in their court. Not making excusses.