who use a Rekluse PRO Z start ?

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
Slow old Fart

who use a Rekluse PRO Z start ?

Post by Slow old Fart »

I have a NEW STANDARD ONE in the garage never got around to using it I hear the new PRO one is better.
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

go to rekluse's site.. they have a chart of why one is more bennifial over the other.. big thing with the pro is installation and adjustment..
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
crashing_sux

Post by crashing_sux »

I have the pro and love it for technical trail riding. The reasons I went for the pro was I didn't want to have to adjust it often, and I like to have the clutch when I want to override it, like when I'm lugging along in fourth and need to wheelie, just tap the clutch lever and the front comes right up over a puddle or whatever I'm trying to clear.

I have over 40 hours on it at this point and haven't had to adjust it yet :)
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

So is anyone using one for MX? I have yet to try mine. Still snow here.
~Trever

Post by ~Trever »

I had a regular model 3 years ago on a 05 crf450. I didn't really like it much switched back over after a few months.
2003 crf450r
crashing_sux

Post by crashing_sux »

I just did some mx riding a few weeks back. I am certainly not an mx rider though. It worked fine but didn't feel like there was any advantage. I ended up overriding it and using it like a regular clutch that wouldn't stall. It was nice that I could lock the rear brake up sliding into corners but since it as setup for trail use to engage at a fairly low rpm on the track I wanted to launch out of corners a little more aggressively and would just tap the override lever to let it engage at a higher rpm like you would with a standard clutch.

I did just get schooled by a 250f of all things on the start. It was pretty hilarious, I had setup my clutch pretty tight for no slip on low speed trail sections so when I hammered it in third off the start it bogged a bit. That shocked me, I was expecting it to just take off so when I saw the 250f next to me pulling away I just quickly pulled and dropped the override clutch lever on the Rekluse and the bike did the most violent flip I have ever seen. Pretty funny stuff all in all. These 500s sure keep you on your toes.
brebel

Post by brebel »

I have a z start its great I like having a rear brake lever where the clutch usually is , I havent had to adjust it yet and its been 2 years, much less wear compared to conventional clutches