brace

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
turboford500

brace

Post by turboford500 »

ok I've read the threads for knee braces, but i still dont know what knee brace i should get. i have never purchased a brace for riding. i currently own the CTI morph and absolutely hate it. may 22nd i will be 2 years post op. i tor my ACL, MCL, and meniscus. as for my femur braking the ligaments in my knee are weaker then my femur so i think ill take the risk of wearing a brace. :lol:

thanks for the help.
:clink:
92 cr500
06 husky smr450
00 yz125
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

9 months ago I tore my meniscus, chiped cartlidge, complete tear of ACL. They removed most of the meniscus but didn't replace my ACL. because I couldnt afford to miss that much work.

I got a pair of Bledsoe costom fit knee braces, I love them. I can now ride again. :cool:
Craig
91 CR 500, Ca. plated.
09 CRF 450X
XR 650L
2000 CR 250R
2006 CRF 150F
http://www.hammonconstruction.org/
BigBore0364

Post by BigBore0364 »

I have a set of pods and like them alot, they are light and move well with me. I also sold a pair of EVS Web knee braces to my buddy they were nice as well and very similar in price and design to the Pods, they just were to0 small for me. Evs makes alot of models so that might be a better option
LAYNFRM

Post by LAYNFRM »

i have a couple friends who have tried the CTI and a couple other brands, and most of them swear by the Asterisk Cell brace. when i tore mine, that's the one they recommended most. now, that said, i haven't tried any other brands, but i bought the Asterisk Cell brace for my left knee. i tore my ACL 12/07 racing a hare scramble. i bought the Cell before i could even ride again. i then tore my ACL AGAIN this january, but i wasn't wearing my knee brace because i was riding my motard on the street and we were just gonna be cruising around with adventure bikes. i wish i would have been wearing it. i started riding again yesterday, and i won't ride anymore without it, that's for sure. i really like it, as it's very comfortable, and has some adjustability to make it fit like a truly custom brace.
05 CR500AF Plated Supermotard/dual sport
01 XR650R Plated Supermotard
07 CRF80 mini-motard w/115 big bore
08 Polaris RZR