first time at chemo

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
rabbit

first time at chemo

Post by rabbit »

Well this last weekend was our first first trip for chemo...ugghh. Man that is just the worst. Spent the last two days watching her barf, stumble and bascily feel like crap. Just when I was feeling sorry from my wife and myself, beliving that cancer is the worst thing that can happen to anyone. We met this 12 year old boy who is fighting teriminal lukemia. His diagnosis will never change no matter the treatment. Yet this little kid was so intense, so driven. In tha last 8 months he had signed up over 300 peolpe as bone marrow donors. He gets straight A's in school and he plays soccer in a local league.

When he saw me holding my wife as she was puking into the lobby bathroom yet again. He came over to gave her a towel and some baby wipes. Then he showed her his "treatment kit" all the stuff you bring to treatment with you. For the next 40 minutes they shared their story, their struggles, and they own "diagnosis."

This weekend just sucked, it sucked for a lot of reasons. But for me, one little boy gave me a glimpse of hope and true courage.

Live life hard, you only get one shot.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Wow dude, thats a rough weekend.

Stay tough.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I think it was John Lennon, who said:

" Life is what happens to you, while your busy making other plans....."

Your wife has you for a reason Robert.... your a good man.

You'll be there for her, no matter where your path will lead.

So will I....

Hang in there brother.
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

Both of my parents had cancer and my best friend's wife passed earlier this year after battling it for several years. The best thing to do is not to give up hope and keep the positive thoughts flowing even though it gets tough. My, and I'm sure everyone else's, hopes and prayers are with you and your wife.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Hang tough brother!
You and your family are still in our prayers.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Sorry to hear that Rabbit. My grandpa just had hopefully his last chemo session last week. It's hard. Your wife, you, and your family are in my prayers.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Ah man! :x I figured out the day before that it might be your wife. That totally sucks. All I could think about on the way home was this, and alternative cures. There are a few good books here that are not mainstream. Gee why is that? The answers are within ->http://www.realityzone.com/healnut.html

Take care my friend. If you need anything let me know.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

iggys-amsoil wrote:There are a few good books here that are not mainstream. Gee why is that?
Uh....because they dont work.

Their was a good article in the paper a few months back, about all the newly formed Chinese millionairs, and how they fly to the U.S.A. for ALL their medical treatments, cuz all the herbs and other mombo-jumbo overseas that the U.S. calls "Alternitive Medicine" is a bunch of whooie....

Rabbits doc's have the situation at hand.
bigpower

Re: first time at chemo

Post by bigpower »

rabbit wrote: Live life hard, you only get one shot.

Very true.
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Bob, pull your head out. :evil:

Chemo and rad will put anyone in the grave far faster than cancer itself period.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I know of 3 cancer surrvivors ( chemo + drugs) and 2 non-surrvivors ( holistic and herb / tea treatment)

....you do the math Igg.

Mrs. Rabbit may have a bumpy ride with the chemo, but its her best shot.

Enough of this debate..... Lets focus on helping Rabbit through this difficult time.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

AlisoBob wrote:I know of 3 cancer surrvivors ( chemo + drugs) and 2 non-surrvivors ( holistic and herb / tea treatment)

....you do the math Igg.

Mrs. Rabbit may have a bumpy ride with the chemo, but its her best shot.

Enough of this debate..... Lets focus on helping Rabbit through this difficult time.
Great Idea Bob.......Robert I can only imagine what your family is going through, we will continue to keep you in the prayer chain there are some really strong prayer warriors praying for you & the wisdom of those treating your wife & family. Continue to stay strong.

It sounds like the young kid was put into your life for a reason I am glad to hear that you happen to run into someone like that at the right time when you guys needed extra support.

Things like that happen for a reason. Sounds like you had a little ray of light shown through a very dark & stressful day

Your friend
Jay Lewis
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

AlisoBob wrote:Enough of this debate..... Lets focus on helping Rabbit through this difficult time.
Agreed.