So how was Cahuilla today, Iggy@Redrocket

WTF Happened!!!!
Hammer

So how was Cahuilla today, Iggy@Redrocket

Post by Hammer »

My friend Rexeverything rode there last Sunday and this Saturday @-28-09
He said they changed the track. what did you guys think, still no big jumps, how was the prep, any water.

I wanted to meet you guys today and ride, I was packed and ready, but my wife gave me the, ( so you are always leaving speach) so I stayed home, went to church with the family, Costco, a walk on the beach. I hope I now can get some more hall passes :roll: to ride.

Who races VetX. what class. Likes @ dis likes? I would like to practice, ( I am no track rider, I gotta learn to jump.) on one of the tracks they race on, and maybe enter a race, in the next series.

when is the next track day. :wink:

Amago is looking better.

Quote 430Rudy+50 who owns PRO PREPT, who just re did my fork, (great guy)
Ride report on Amago today: Light winds when I got there around 9:30, tracks didn't look too prepped. But once I got on the vet track I found that it was in much better condition than it had been the last few times I went there, not the best, but much better. Dang the water truck even went out every so often & he didn't over water. He'd put just enough of a spray to try & get the dirt to tack up & it'd work for a little bit. The main track or big track was a nice suprise. They mellowed out the back side of the ski jump table, its almost like step down. The downhill on the back side of the ski jump table, although it had some small rocks scattered on it, was super fun as was the left hand turn at the bottom of the downhill, as the water truck driver watered it just enough for it to tack up & you could throw your bike into the turn and it would stick like glue. All the jumps are pretty much the same as they have been since the track opened they just seem to be shaped to be more forgiving if you come up short. The downhill was the only spot on the track that had any rocks on it, everything else was smooth. Was it worth my $20.00? I'd have to say yes, I had a good time out there. Hopefully they keep up the prep, because that place has potential to be a great place to go ride, & if you go out there based on my ride report you won't be disappointed

Craig.
91 CR 500, Ca. plated.
09 CRF 450X
XR 650L
2000 CR 250R
2006 CRF 150F
http://www.hammonconstruction.org/
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

By all reports, including my own it was watered more than saturday. Rough as hell, lots of whoops but no squared edged bumps this time. Got arm pump right away but the Stop Pain took care of that. After figuring out I didn't have the axle block in right after putting the knobby rim on, noticable dogleg feeling, good thing I only rode one lap around the pee wee track then figured it out. :chair: Then to discover no rear brake going to the bottom of the ski jump down hill. Three quick pumps and a lot of front brake and made the turn. Where's that shiting bullets smiley. :lol: I've forgotten how much fun that jump is. Momentem in forth and you just sail over/down it. Avatar pic. :lol:

Glad your ok, Freds4. That was weird, front end washed unexpectedly?
http://www.vimeo.com/3430212

I almost had a good get off over the double in the back section, the rear went right a lot so I nailed hard before the rear touched down and saved it. A crash at GH taught me that. But then your suppose to land with the gas on anyway.

I didn't read your post before I wrote the above. Glen Helen and Comp Edge are the least jumpy. Suprisingly Cahuilla had a couple more than before. Think I'm the only one here doing Vet X consitantly although I've been slacking cause I can't complete a series until the summer one. :x The prizes are good when making a series. Sometimes Flexx bars are given away, lot of tires but no 120's, riding gear, helmets, knee braces ect.. You get a transponder, don't forget to put it on!, :lol: you get a print out of your lap times from both motos. Class' are rotated each race so you almost never know which race you will be in. Good if early/mid race, bad if like race 12. I like to do the 40+newbie class but its a big spread in lap times this series. Next race will be 50+ amt. since its just for fun. Practice up and we'll see ya at the races. :lol:
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

iggys-amsoil wrote:By all reports, including my own it was watered more than saturday. Rough as hell, lots of whoops but no squared edged bumps this time. Got arm pump right away but the Stop Pain took care of that. After figuring out I didn't have the axle block in right after putting the knobby rim on, noticable dogleg feeling, good thing I only rode one lap around the pee wee track then figured it out. :chair: Then to discover no rear brake going to the bottom of the ski jump down hill. Three quick pumps and a lot of front brake and made the turn. Where's that shiting bullets smiley. :lol: I've forgotten how much fun that jump is. Momentem in forth and you just sail over/down it. Avatar pic. :lol:

Glad your ok, Freds4. That was weird, front end washed unexpectedly?
http://www.vimeo.com/3430212

I almost had a good get off over the double in the back section, the rear went right a lot so I nailed hard before the rear touched down and saved it. A crash at GH taught me that. But then your suppose to land with the gas on anyway.

I didn't read your post before I wrote the above. Glen Helen and Comp Edge are the least jumpy. Suprisingly Cahuilla had a couple more than before. Think I'm the only one here doing Vet X consitantly although I've been slacking cause I can't complete a series until the summer one. :x The prizes are good when making a series. Sometimes Flexx bars are given away, lot of tires but no 120's, riding gear, helmets, knee braces ect.. You get a transponder, don't forget to put it on!, :lol: you get a print out of your lap times from both motos. Class' are rotated each race so you almost never know which race you will be in. Good if early/mid race, bad if like race 12. I like to do the 40+newbie class but its a big spread in lap times this series. Next race will be 50+ amt. since its just for fun. Practice up and we'll see ya at the races. :lol:

:cool: Sounds like lots of fun. I will practice as much as I can. I am thinking of doing the races at Paris, in the next series. I havn't riden there in 12 years, but have friends who ride there often. They tell me Thursday night will be a good night (Vet night). :roll: but the guy who invites me is a Pro,( I thought he said Vet night.)

When would be the best time to get my feet wet at Paris.

Craig.
91 CR 500, Ca. plated.
09 CRF 450X
XR 650L
2000 CR 250R
2006 CRF 150F
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

The Vet nights are over with that I know of, it was for the summer.
I really can't say whats the best time to go to Perris cept weekdays in the morning. Some of it depends on what race is coming up on the weekend.

Loretta Lynns Qualifer this weekend. Could be a lot of fast Minis this thurday night.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

iggys-amsoil wrote:The Vet nights are over with that I know of, it was for the summer.
I really can't say whats the best time to go to Perris cept weekdays in the morning. Some of it depends on what race is coming up on the weekend.

Loretta Lynns Qualifer this weekend. Could be a lot of fast Minis this thurday night.
Thanks for your help.
Craig.
91 CR 500, Ca. plated.
09 CRF 450X
XR 650L
2000 CR 250R
2006 CRF 150F