Truckee-Tahoe + MoonRocks/Northern Nevada Ride Nov. 13-17

Gather Up for IGG'S BIRFDAY BASH @ DOVE SPRINGS!! March 16-18 2012
south central hoon

Truckee-Tahoe + MoonRocks/Northern Nevada Ride Nov. 13-17

Post by south central hoon »

I should finish my gen 1 soon. When its done i am heading up to Truckee, CA for a day of high alpine singletrack, then onto tahoe city for more singletrack and rubicon trail to desolation forest, then out to Moonrocks for a desert ride.

anyone is welcome. let me know if you are interested or in the area. I will be riding with some norcal guys that rip.

http://www.crossfitendurance.com/upload ... trail_.jpg

http://www.offroadreport.com/images/rubicon_trail_1.jpg

moonrocks:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... 10,GFRC:en
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

I've done a lot of riding up there it's bitchen!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

nice
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

looks like some good riding up there
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Projected dates?
south central hoon

AlisoBob wrote:Projected dates?
I am hoping to go this month. it will be the last chance before snowfall. I normally do this trip at least once in the fall and once in the spring.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

south central hoon wrote:
I am hoping to go this month. it will be the last chance before snowfall. I normally do this trip at least once in the fall and once in the spring.
that means your allready there today is the last day of this month
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

:?
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
south central hoon

tough crowd. you know what i mean NOVEMBER.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

just could not pass up the chance to ribb ya
south central hoon

:lol: :lol: :lol: :P
BIGWORM500

Post by BIGWORM500 »

Where you riding in Truckee? I was living up in Truckee last year by Prosser Lake. Awesome trails and track there and some big jumps in gun pits. I could ride right from my Uncle's house up there tons of trails. Highly Recommended :D
2003 AF 500
2004 CRF 50
1979 XR 500 road and trail
500hp 68 Camaro
south central hoon

BIGWORM500 wrote:Where you riding in Truckee? I was living up in Truckee last year by Prosser Lake. Awesome trails and track there and some big jumps in gun pits. I could ride right from my Uncle's house up there tons of trails. Highly Recommended :D
I used to live in prosser (tahoe area from 1999-2004) as well. i usually stage at jackson meadows and ride the chain of lakes. but for a short ride we stage at boca hill and ride down to Verdi and grab a beer at the pub and ride back. its great to have 20 miles of singletrack with a cold beer waiting for you at the end.

I think I might skip truckee for kings beach this trip though....plans are still morphing.
BIGWORM500

Post by BIGWORM500 »

BIGWORM500 wrote:Where you riding in Truckee? I was living up in Truckee last year by Prosser Lake. Awesome trails and track there and some big jumps in gun pits. I could ride right from my Uncle's house up there tons of trails. Highly Recommended :D
I used to live in prosser (tahoe area from 1999-2004) as well. i usually stage at jackson meadows and ride the chain of lakes. but for a short ride we stage at boca hill and ride down to Verdi and grab a beer at the pub and ride back. its great to have 20 miles of singletrack with a cold beer waiting for you at the end.

I think I might skip truckee for kings beach this trip though....plans are still morphing.
That's a awesome ride i rode up to Verdi one day and didn't think i had enough gas to get back home the way i came .So i looked at my gps it said it was around 5-6 miles to truckee down 80 . So i got on 80 at Verdi on my Af 500 and ended up having to ride 18 miles on the shoulder of 80 back to Hirshdale exit passing a few big rigs along the way :twisted:
I wonder what they were thinking ?CRAZY :twisted: :twisted:
2003 AF 500
2004 CRF 50
1979 XR 500 road and trail
500hp 68 Camaro
south central hoon

UPDATE:
We are pushing this to Thanksgiving weekend. The GEN 1 is done. I went for a short ride tuesday.....and wouldn't you know i re-injured my ribs. :oops: didn't even go down, just popped one back out on a nasty sandy rutted downhill. :twisted: i can't lay down, but i think i can ride, or i hope so. i have two weeks to heal.... :roll:

the bike is sweet though, huge improvement over my clapped out steely.