Oil injection...

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

nah not direct injection but oil injected. they are based out of japan and were build by honda!!!! www.crm250.com
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

87CR500Rider wrote:
M.F.D.B. wrote:I highly highly doubt there is ZERO oil being injected. For one, thats stupid, two, why??
That's your opinion and you're welcome to it but you'd be highly, highly wrong my friend. With the clutch pulled in there is no oil being injected. The oil pump, as does the tach, are driven off the tranny mainshaft and with the bike in gear and the clutch pulled in, ZERO oil. But, if the bike is in neutral, with the clutch in or out, oil is pumped. Is it stupid? Hell yeah. Why? I didn't design it.

uh, so you oil is SPEED regulated then?? :roll:
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

this is an email response from a crm250 guru i emailed today asking on how the oil injection works.

The oil injection system on the CRM250 is OEM from the factory by Honda. It's shaft driven, geared off the clutch hub. Metering controlled by a secondary cable off the throttle. Oil is fed into the intake boot just downstream of the carb.
87CR500Rider

Post by 87CR500Rider »

M.F.D.B. wrote:
87CR500Rider wrote:
M.F.D.B. wrote:I highly highly doubt there is ZERO oil being injected. For one, thats stupid, two, why??
That's your opinion and you're welcome to it but you'd be highly, highly wrong my friend. With the clutch pulled in there is no oil being injected. The oil pump, as does the tach, are driven off the tranny mainshaft and with the bike in gear and the clutch pulled in, ZERO oil. But, if the bike is in neutral, with the clutch in or out, oil is pumped. Is it stupid? Hell yeah. Why? I didn't design it.

uh, so you oil is SPEED regulated then?? :roll:
Roll your eyes if you want, I answered the question. There is NO oil being delivered as long as the bike is in gear and the clutch is pulled in. I don't know what else to tell you. You obviously know more about my 66' Yamaha than I do.