Surveying while the neighbor is gone

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Ported&Polished

Surveying while the neighbor is gone

Post by Ported&Polished »

So I have a north property boundry that isn't fenced. It's about 2000 feet long and undulating, so it's a tough line of site for surveying. I rented a transit, and set up a scaffold at one end that is about 10 feet high to set the transit on. Dropped the plumb bob down to the top of the monument. At the other end, I made up a 35 foot pole, and raised it inline with that survey monument. Had to drive stakes in the ground and lash the pole down with ropes. I can just see about 5 feet of the top of that pole when I look through the transit sight. Tommarrow I will be staking the line at 100 foot increments, and later at 25 foot increments. My plan is to get the entire property boundry marked before the neighbor comes home from his trip. Did I mention the neighbor is the HOA president, and his home is within 75 feet of my property? In this area, that is close, and after my fence is erected, dude will have virtual no open land to his south, something I know he has enjoyed for years. Now I am not doing this to spite him, I just want to fence my land to keep peeps off, mark the boundry, and feel easy about creating my motocross track. Last thing I want to do is encroach on anyones land, or possibly ride a motocross bike on it. Trips me out when peeps come a riding across my property with horses and lose dogs, then when I approach them and suggest that they are trespassing, they give excusses such as "well it isn't fenced, we didn't know". Time for a fence. :?
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

You should live in a track home. Problem solved. :lol:
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
TheSandMan

Post by TheSandMan »

P/P Just be careful. Give yourself a little room between the fence line and the property line so there is no encrochment. I am a Land Surveyor, I have seen many problems created by people putting up their own fence.
If it is 0.05 feet over(just throwing out a low number) they can tear it down.
Last edited by TheSandMan on August 21st, 2007, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you ain"t crashin You ain"t ridin!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

iggys-amsoil wrote:You should live in a track home. Problem solved. :lol:
not mine, I bought a new house for $550,000 and it didn't even have a fence :x !!!
Good luck with the fence. My cousin has 10 acres in the hills and a neighbor house like 200 yards from the house and that neighbor decided to put in these huge trees and block his view, well I did some research and found that his property line and fence were not in the same spot and he actually owns the trees! He hasn't done anything about it though :( I was all stoked, I wanted to chainsaw those trees myself :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80