New Boots

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
Travis

New Boots

Post by Travis »

Got a Brand new pair of riding boots today. They are o*stars. Not bad expensive (like around $60) and are better than the Alpinestars I had that I have broken every buckle on now. The best thing is my wife suprised me with em. She got me a new bike stand too. Now I have to try and break them in. The only bad part. Has anyone else had these or know someone who has??
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

That's a damn fine wife there Travis!
Travis

Post by Travis »

That is what I was thinking. Any tips on breaking these things in? Can't wear them to work I walk all day. Plus they wouldn't mesh well with dress clothes.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I do mine the old fashioned way, I fill them up with warm water, put them on and go riding for a couple of hours, then let em dry and oil them up a little. Probably not alot of other guys that do that, but I have used that on Hunting boots, work boots and riding boots. It works for me.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

JBaze wrote:I do mine the old fashioned way, I fill them up with warm water, put them on and go riding for a couple of hours, then let em dry and oil them up a little. Probably not alot of other guys that do that, but I have used that on Hunting boots, work boots and riding boots. It works for me.
:wink:
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Travis

Post by Travis »

Here is a link to what she got.

http://www.bobscycle.com/browse.cfm/4,102957.html

This guy seems pretty good to deal with from what she said.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

I "think" that they are now marketed under the TCX name only. Pretty good reviews on that brand. I bought my Alpinestars off that site. Usually has some pretty good deals.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

rubbing alky, drench em ware em till dry.
this is the fast way, the alky absorbs into the leather quicker and leves faster than water ,
repeat until broken in
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Travis

Post by Travis »

Well I washed my jeep in em today. Made sure to hose them good and then started. Then washed my bike. Walked a little, then rode my bike til it got dark. The soles need some wear because when they are wet they do not want to stay on the pegs to well. The neighbors probably think I am retarded though. Out there with just shorts and riding boots on. haha I don't care.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

They don't think your a retard man. They're just jealous!!
90cr500guy

Post by 90cr500guy »

I just picked up a new pair of thor quadrants for $65
I wore them around the house for a couple of hours. Then went riding.
These boots trump my old FOX boots in the comfort department :D
Brit's queer
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I haven't had an chance to break in new riding boots latley. I wear a pair of black Hi-points with the chrome shin gaurd. They are more than 15 years old as boots in my size are hard to come by....size 16 EEE. LOL.
Wheelie-Gene

Post by Wheelie-Gene »

Those of us that have a cool wife are really blessed. Nice of her to get those for you. I got Camaro parts for Christmas last year.

I'll need a good pair of MX boots once my project is finished....So post back on fit and feel.
They do look like really sweet.
2nd gen SSS street hooligan
83 CR480
83 XL600
97 VFR750
Kawasaki H1-F
Suzuki Titan
HondaHarley
83 CB1100F
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

JBaze wrote: as boots in my size are hard to come by....size 16 EEE. LOL.
Whoa! Remind me to call you Sir...please. :wink:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

That's funny. I haven't heard that in long time. :lol:
Travis

Post by Travis »

I like the boots. They feel awesome when it comes to starting the bike. I don't like my footpegs now though. The boots don't stick to them like I would like. I guess in 20 years they have worn down until they are no longer sharp. I don't know if it's the boots or that they need broken in some more but now I have lost all feel for the shifter and brake. I can feel when the shifter changes gears with tennis shoes on but with the boots I can just hook it with my toe and kick it up with the boots on hoping it has changed. Haven't missed a gear yet but I have the feeling I will. The brake I can only judge by how quickly I am stopping to see how far its pressed. It has been so long since I have had a new pair that I cannot remember wether my Alpinestars were like this or not. I can easily see how shifters get stripped out now though. I also haven't gotten used to the heels yet. They feel awesome standing, I am sure that is how they are meant to feel but when I sit they slide forward and hang on the heels. This part is okay but when I go to stand again I have to pick my feet up and place them back. If not you end up standing with your heels on the pegs and that is a creepy feeling. Those are the cons to them but they are the best I have worn to walk in so far. Not too great in the traction area for slick stuff but I don't have to hunt a pair of shoes every time I step off the bike. They are not too heavy to walk in and you are good in the ankle department. As far as ankle roll goes it's like wearing casts. That is my opinion so far. If I have other updates I will let you guys know.
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Get out your file and sharpen those pegs up Travis :idea:
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Travis

Post by Travis »

Good point. Never though of sharpening them. :oops:
Travis

89 CR500