Throttle Tubes

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
JBaze

Throttle Tubes

Post by JBaze »

So the 01 250 I used for my conversion had bark busters on board. I removed them and was looking at the throttle tube and the first time I rode the bike, my hand almost slipped off of the throttle, anyway when I got back to the house I measured the throttle tube off of the 90 donor bike, and damned if the old one isn't 1/2" longer than the 01 250's. Anyone know why they shortend the tube length or am I just seeing things?
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

Mine is the same way, most likely it was just laid down on that side and the jagged edge of the tube cut even. If the donor tube has the end cap, swap the tubes they should be the same. I have a new one which is much longer, just waiting to get out of the training wheel stage to put it on :wink:
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
MrDude_1

Re: Throttle Tubes

Post by MrDude_1 »

JBaze wrote:So the 01 250 I used for my conversion had bark busters on board. I removed them and was looking at the throttle tube and the first time I rode the bike, my hand almost slipped off of the throttle, anyway when I got back to the house I measured the throttle tube off of the 90 donor bike, and damned if the old one isn't 1/2" longer than the 01 250's. Anyone know why they shortend the tube length or am I just seeing things?
some people cut the throttle tube short when they put barkbusters on.

these are often the same people that have a half inch of throttle tube hanging out over the edge of the bar.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I thought someone might have cut it off, but the tube is intact. I compared it to the one off of the 96 and it is about 1/2" shorter. Strange.
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

My new tube is 5 1/4" length, one missing the end cap is 4 7/8"! I think it is shaved a little plus missing the 1/8"" cap

88-01 125, 250, 500 Motion Pro tube....

"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I think I am going to order one of those. When ever I ride the bike I feel like it's trying to slip out of my hands. Thanks for the measurement on the motion pro tube.
TYSTYX

Re: Throttle Tubes

Post by TYSTYX »

MrDude_1 wrote:
some people cut the throttle tube short when they put barkbusters on.

these are often the same people that have a half inch of throttle tube hanging out over the edge of the bar.
I have mine cut for guards, but the end of my tube is flush with the end of the handlebars.