New Metallica

ABBA to Sex Pistols to Patsy Cline......

Go for it!!
kkvslayer

Post by kkvslayer »

Ported&Polished wrote:Dec 25, 1988 - Last summer during Metallica's portion of the "Monsters of Rock" marathon at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, tens of thousands of fans were caught in a stampede toward the stage, with folding chairs being flung haphazardly, that could only be described as anarchic. ... You had to be there, because this doesn't really describe what happened. The high dollar seating area was made up on the colisium grass area in front of the stage. The folding chairs were all zip tied together in rows of probly 100 seats long. Then the area was sectioned off by metal gates across the width of the field all zip tied together. When the stampede started the entire length of the gates went down and hundreds of people were traped under them from end to end. When Metallica stoped playing and asked fans to help the injured and crushed fans, the chairs and gates were ripped apart and sent overhead towards the front and piled into the orcastra pit. I remember watching injured and stripped naked girls being tossed forward towards the stage. I also remebr when Van Hagar started, there was a shower of trash, food, drinks and whatever because everyone hated the fact that Van Halen didn't have David Lee Roth anymore. :lol:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Metallica Kicks ASS,was that the year they toured with Guns N Roses?
1994 Heartless CR500R
1986 KX500
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

I don't know, the Monters of Rock tour was VH, Scorpions, Dokken, Faith no more,Metallica and maybe a couple more. I went there in a van with a bunch of folks and we had a full keg in the van. The freeway was so packed that we drove there with the sliding door open. Everyone on the freeway was walking around going from car to car drinking and partying. Fun stuff, kinda like the US Festival was at Glen Helen. Mad amounts of people, insane partying. :D
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

i did the summer sanitarium concert for my 21st birthday well just before it hehe..

Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Mudvayne
Metallica

I was so shitfaced by the time metallica came on i dont remember much. How we made it home is another miracle. I will tell you this the cops in LA were cool. I stumbled up to one and asked which way this school was cuz i had to find my truck he just gave me one of those looks and pointed down the road.. HEHE.. Damn that was an awesome night. I do remember one thing though.. While standing in line fetching more booze we stumble upon these 2 girls.. Mind you one is a bigger chick and one is a hot chick. In all my drunken stammer my best friend (tall skinny dude always gets the hot chicks) ended up with the fat chick.. HAHA it was awesome.. and i got the hot chick.. now that i think about it that reminds me of that lemmy the gopher song.. THanks for bangin the skanks while i got the hot chicks heh.
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
kkvslayer

Post by kkvslayer »

Heres a list of the tracks from wikipedia

"That Was Just Your Life"
"The End of the Line"
"Broken, Beat & Scarred"
"The Day That Never Comes"
"All Nightmare Long"
"Cyanide"
"The Unforgiven III"
"The Judas Kiss"
"Suicide & Redemption"
"My Apocalypse"

Download "My Apocalypse" :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :woot:
1994 Heartless CR500R
1986 KX500
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

Lars and Metallica love it when you download their music, for free at that!
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Over the years...I would swear they turned into a bunch of fags. Their music was horrible. This new album is not half bad, I actually like it. It reminds me somewhat of their older pre-fag crap. One thing remains a constant...Lars is a snot-bubblin-homo.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Lars is a snot-bubblin-homo.
yep
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

did any of you guys hear their release on the radio? komp 92.3 here played it and it was them all talking about the album and playing some songs off it. Lars kept getting too serious and talking about song order and instrumentals, then started yelling at the other guys who were cracking fart jokes and such. he is suck a tool! He was all "guy, this is live all over the world, no body cares about your jokes" and everyone laughed at him! HAHA
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Napoleon complex is a colloquial term describing an alleged type of inferiority complex which is said to affect some people who are physically short. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives. This term is also known as Napoleon syndrome,[1] Short Man syndrome,[2] and Small Man syndrome.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

ou812 wrote:
Lars is a snot-bubblin-homo.
yep
John Lennon is dead

Lars is alive

Strange world we live in....
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

shit, even closer to it is Clif Burton died instead of lars! :cry: great bass player and not and asshole :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

yup
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Plastic ono band was one pretty intense.
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Dam double post
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Anyone have it yet? Rip it for download?

;)
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

This CD really surprised me. Based on recent efforts, and even given that they promised that this one "wouldn't suck", I had my doubts.

Have to say though that I was completely wrong. "The day that never comes" and "The unforgiven III" blew me away the first time I heard them. Overall, the album is really well done and sounds alot like their older stuff (their good stuff). Cool too that the CD sells for $9.99. :headbang:

I just hope that the second leg of their tour comes somewhere close to Florida.
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:Over the years...I would swear they turned into a bunch of fags. Their music was horrible. This new album is not half bad, I actually like it. It reminds me somewhat of their older pre-fag crap. One thing remains a constant...Lars is a snot-bubblin-homo.
X2
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

I downloaded it off iTunes the day it came out....its got some good pre-ride music on it! I think they've gone back to their roots so to speak. I listen to it and I want to go hit shit with a hammer...not bad. Broken, Beat and Scarred and That Was Just Your Life are favorite's now.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
kkvslayer

Post by kkvslayer »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:I think they've gone back to their roots so to speak. I listen to it and I want to go hit shit with a hammer...
:headbang: :headbang: Good to get that feeling from Metallica again,apparently Rob contributed more to this one album than Jason did in his whole time with Metallica,maybe that had something to do with it,not to take anything away from Jason,he is one badass bass playin mofo and could sing the early shit better than James can but things obviously took a turn for the better with him out the door,Dam good to hear Kirk Rip out some solos too
1994 Heartless CR500R
1986 KX500