MPS MX500AF (KX500AF)

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
jbird_710

MPS MX500AF (KX500AF)

Post by jbird_710 »

George Fanelli at Motorsports Products and Services builds both CR500AFs and KX500AFs (no, I don't want to hear any shit about using "AF"). He does great work. I know; I have one of his CR500AFs. I weight over 400 lbs and jump the bike regularly on an MX track so I can testify there are no issues with frame strength.

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: MPS MX500AF (KX500AF)

Post by AlisoBob »

jbird_710 wrote: I weight over 400 lbs and jump the bike regularly on an MX track so I can testify there are no issues with frame strength.

Post some video's!
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

Great bike (KX), but crappy stickers!
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net
bigpower

Re: MPS MX500AF (KX500AF)

Post by bigpower »

AlisoBob wrote:
jbird_710 wrote: I weight over 400 lbs and jump the bike regularly on an MX track so I can testify there are no issues with frame strength.

Post some video's!
No shit........This I gotta see!
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

Only problem is I don't have a video camera nor does the guy I normally ride with. I've been thinking about getting one but have been too busy spending money on bikes and maintenance. You guys have any suggestions on which video camera works best? I there one that is good to use with a helmet camera and can be used as a regular camera? Just not to up to speed on this topic. I can't have a camera phone because most of the customer sites I work at won't allow them.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

jbird_710 wrote: I there one that is good to use with a helmet camera and can be used as a regular camera? Just not to up to speed on this topic.
The Canon MiniDV line takes stills, and works with an external camera. A bit spendy though. I'm sure there are many others that do I only bring it up as I have a little experience with it.

As for helmet cameras... this one is a really good deal if you don't already have a video camera and aren't looking for the biggest baddest hi-falutin'est unit around. No stills with it if thats a big thing for you.
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/viewtopic.php?t=389
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

Thanks Mojo; I can see where taking stills with the same camera would be handy. But, that Samsung camera does look like its got everything you need with that exception and it's $368 now - I've ordered one. Just hope the lens is wide enough to get my fat ass! :cool:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Jaybird and me, out hitting the trails!

TheSandMan

Post by TheSandMan »

looks about right

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
If you ain"t crashin You ain"t ridin!
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Jaybird and me, out hitting the trails!
suddenly I don't feel very fat any more :yikes:

So does this guy sell, complete or frame kits and or rollers?
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

AlisoBob wrote:Jaybird and me, out hitting the trails!
Actually, not too far off :oops:

MPS sells complete bikes but occasionally does frames. Best to talk directly with George Fanelli - 419-351-4707
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

AlisoBob wrote:Jaybird and me, out hitting the trails!

Ah shit......I remember something like this from another thread, on another board, a very long time ago
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
500luvr

Post by 500luvr »

that kawi looks sweet!did george modify a dynoport pipe,or did rich from dynoport build it for him??i really would like to try a kx5 motor in a honda chassis.i prefer honda handling and ergos,but the pv kx5 engine is smooth.
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

500luvr wrote:that kawi looks sweet!did george modify a dynoport pipe,or did rich from dynoport build it for him??i really would like to try a kx5 motor in a honda chassis.i prefer honda handling and ergos,but the pv kx5 engine is smooth.
I could be wrong (it's been a while since I talked with him about it) but I believe he said he modified a CR pipe for the KXAF. He could tell you better than me 419-351-4707
500luvr

Post by 500luvr »

thanks jbird!