2008 Widowmaker

Upcoming Events:

Congrates to Team Peterson for a great 2010 season!!!
Slomo

2008 Widowmaker

Post by Slomo »

First off.... The Smith's did an awesome job on the event this year. All the hills were great and they ran a ton of riders through quickly!
Moe hill had a nice uphill double right out of the starting line corner. It collected a few bikes and riders. John Smith hit it tapped sideways, that was probably the gnarliest crash. He jumped right up though .

The main hill had heavy water up to the road section, then it got pretty dry. We were hauling butt on the lower section then it was a free-for-all of insane ruts, grooves, sage brush, kickers etc... the hill is really, really gnarly!!

Petey Krunich won both exhibition class- pretty impressive considering the talent that was there!

Rod Whitlock took a second place in the open exhibition main on his new Suzuki Bandit. He didn't clear the timers, but he could have spit to the top of the hill!
Outstanding jod Rod, everyone there was darn proud of ya!

I took home two envelopes- an 8th and an 18th... not the results I expected, but better than nothing.

I'm getting extra shifters and cutting them down so I have to put the bike in second with my heel.
I wasted two very good runs by stuffing my 500 into 1st and my KTM into neutral. Must have tapped the shifter when I was bouncing over the kickers..... It's not going to happen again.

My oldest got 3rd in the 0-90 altered class- he crashed on his first run, which would have easily won the class. He backed off a tad too much on his second run though... He was pretty bummed because he has won the last 3 climbs in a row.
I'm sure he'll be fired up for the Great American climb this July.

My lil dude took a 3rd in the 0-55 advanced class. He got a really cool trophy- they are big rocks that are etched- way cool. I'll get a pic of him holding it and post it up.

So, to Jordy, Darrell, Roger, the staging crew and hill workers- Great Job on making the 2008 Widowmaker Hillclimb the best one I've been to!!!
See you in 09-
britincali

Post by britincali »

Nice one slomo :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :clink: :clink: :clink:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

britincali wrote:Nice one slomo :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :clink: :clink: :clink:
And Little Slomo too!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

very cool! :cool:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

Great job Scotty and way to keep it in the family with the boys runnin' too. A double jump at the bottom? I wonder where they came up with that idea? :wink: Good luck at Billings :D

RP
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Be nice Robbie
gas is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking,nitro is for racing
bsmith

im laughin now

Post by bsmith »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: THATS RICH RP!!! be nice!!! doooooh
Hillclimbguy

Hillclimb

Post by Hillclimbguy »

Hey Glenn, its Dave, I finally made it to this website. This place is great.
Will see you in Jaw bone some time. Say Hell to Johnny for me. DAVE
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Cograds to the Lomas Clan :cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

britincali wrote:Nice one slomo :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :clink: :clink: :clink:
and Sons.