New addition to the family

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
bigpower

New addition to the family

Post by bigpower »

Got the word yesterday. I'm going to pick up an '01 this week. Beautiful machine it is. It belonged to my friend and riding bro, Danny. Unfortunately, he lost his battle with cancer a couple weeks ago. He'll be missed, but his spirit will live on thru his bike.
He was the original owner, and this machine doesn't have many hours on it. He rode it maybe 2-3 times a year, as he wanted to keep it pristine. The KX got the most mileage, and it showed it(and really, it TOO, was sweet) I think that this thing is still on the original top end, but I'm positive that it doesn't even have 100 hours on it.
I'm kinda torn about it though fellas. In one way I wished I'd have bought it when he was still alive, so he knew that I got it, but I never wanted him to lose hope I spose. The last time it was ridden was with us this past May, he came out for one more ride. Kalkaska C, or the south loop, which was one of his favorites. Asshole me forgot his camera, cause I'd give anything right now to have taken some video of him ripping it up at the trailhead. Like it never even happened.
I'll have the pics of the machine tommorow if we aint too crazy at the office, sure you cats will dig it.
I plan on putting the street legal disguise(as in, flip a coin over the ticket) and riding it on the Mega Loop next month. Dan was one of the original guys schedueld to go last yr til he became ill. I think it fitting the bike should run it. Prolly mothball it and ride it once or twice a yr after that, dunno
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Bummer deal, hard to believe he was riding only a couple months ago, and now hes gone. Good that you hve his bike though, it's in the right persons hands obviously. :ride:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

bummer to hear about your friend
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"