stepping over the line?

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Look up CRazy Larry instead...
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

AlisoBob wrote:Look up CRazy Larry instead...

If you really want to look it up it's CRazyLarry

Some of that crap was funny :lol:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

this one gets finda funny, only because you can see Justin getting pissed! :lol:

http://bannedcr500riders.com/board/view ... 2191#32191

I can't find the ones with me, the only one I remember is when I was talking about compression and head gaskets and threw out a bogus number jokingly and "gomez" told me I should take a remedial math class... :roll:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
atank

Post by atank »

Well after reading on both sites, I can tell you all that I do not have $9000
plus dollars to spend on a turn key conversion, hell I don't have but $2000 and a nice CR500 engine (currently in the steely frame). If you have a quality conversion the work will speak for itself, we all have one thing in common; riding CR500's! :)
atank

Post by atank »

TTM that statement was cool!
MICK

Post by MICK »

teamdns, your father is the proud owner of Dick Cepek? Where you been my whole life!! We need to get to know each other real well bro, I could keep your family in business for years to come by myself alone :lol:

Yeah AJ was just saying if somebody wants to talk like that they should have to pay like he does. Mike you may not have meant for that to sound like an advertisement, but that's what I took it as. As a small business I think it would just make good sense for you to put up some cash for the right to do so. Would provide you the freedom of movement to say what you beleive to be true and not tap dance around it you know?
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

MICK wrote:
Yeah AJ was just saying if somebody wants to talk like that they should have to pay like he does.
Why should AJ have to pay at all?????

THIS site cost's $56 a YEAR to run.....

$0.15 a day.

The other site needs $$ that bad from its only sponsor?

What does the $$ do??

I havent seen any "Freebies" handed out to its members., or discounts given out by S/H

Does it just buy beer for John ( ST502)???

We have discounts at
Sudco
Cyclops Lighting
TTM Motorsports

and others in the works....

We keep it real , here.

:wink:
MICK

Post by MICK »

:lol: Bob I don't know? I have no idea what that money goes to...I'm not well versed in the financial aspects of running a website, nor do I plan on becoming so. I do know that Trace's site asks for cash money to openly discuss matters concerning personal business. Therefore Mike would be more than welcome to discuss such matters without trying to speak in the 3rd person. But again, some of you have found reason to make something from nothing? Web discussions about character and who's better than who are really better kept to teenage girls. I'm just a needle in a hay stack among all of you, but I only care to absorb the factual hard information many of you have concerning the CR500. The rest is garbage IMO.
And that's outstanding this site provides member discounts, to my knowledge that's how MOST forums opperate.
quantum500

Post by quantum500 »

Honestly Bob I think you have done a helluva service to all the members on both sites. Without competition things seem to get flabby and lazy including web sites. Your getting everyone to sit up and take notice. I'm glad that someone took the time to piss you off as badly as they did in the end it will be looked at as one of the best things that ever happened to the CR500! Really and truely this site and the other site have more things in common than different. I don't know how long it will take but I see some sort of merger of the 2 in the future. They already share a ton of members. I really do enjoy the competition as long as it stays civil it brings out the best in most people. Carry on and Cheers to Ya!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

quantum500 wrote: I'm glad that someone took the time to piss you off as badly as they did in the end it will be looked at as one of the best things that ever happened to the CR500!
Nobody pissed me off, I just got kicked out, for trying to have some fun in a sea of " what jetting is everybody running?" questions.

I think it was worked out for the better, for everyone.

This forum will never merge.... thats what secondary players want to do!

:cool:
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

MICK wrote:Yeah AJ was just saying if somebody wants to talk like that they should have to pay like he does. Mike you may not have meant for that to sound like an advertisement, but that's what I took it as. As a small business I think it would just make good sense for you to put up some cash for the right to do so. Would provide you the freedom of movement to say what you beleive to be true and not tap dance around it you know?
Thanks for your input Mick your point is noted but, it was my opinion and still is and to have to pay someone for my opinion I'm not doing that. Believe me It's not a point of money or being a small business after that incident I had members from both sites offering to pay whatever it costs to advertise on Trace's site just to do the same thing as you stated. I'm funny about that I see no point in spending money to tell anyone my products and services are better than someone elses when I know they are and so do my customers and friends at every level. AJ is a good dude I've said it a hundred times he's helped many hoons over the years and I applaud him for that he also has to protect his interests as well as Service Power Sports that's how they feed their families. Don't you find it funny that someone considered a "Giant in the Industry" would lash out at a so called "Small Business" all of us here at teemtrubble motorsports compete by building products superior to our competitors and striving to make them better every day customer service and pricing which is bar none. No one here on this site will ever say I need to pay to say these things but, I can assure you if it was bullshit someone here would say something and it wouldn't be "You should pay to advertise!"
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
MICK

Post by MICK »

I wouldn't pay anybody for my opinions either. I'm not implying you're wrong to think the way you do :wink: But the other site does require a donation to do so. AJ has payed to speak his mind, and he wouldn't be pleased to see somebody do the same without paying as well. Makes sense to me. Maybe some of his comments are angry tirades? I can't tell, it's a web post. I think I read them pretty clearly, and they sound like any guy just trying to clear some air to me.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

MICK wrote: But the other site does require a donation to do so.
Someone should ask for an audit... To see where their donation is really going, and what their getting for it.
ou812

Post by ou812 »

I only care to absorb the factual hard information many of you have concerning the CR500. The rest is garbage IMO.
I don't beleive that to be true, we atleast here are a great group wankers that hang out here because we mostly live a vast distance from each other. Along with serious information we also shot the shit. We also look out for each other as best we can in this weird data stream world. We also help one another out a little, and I know you do also, you've sent stuff out no charge to others. That's way more then just absorbing good info.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I'm hear for the Rides, Food, Roman Candle fights, Stiff Drinks, Goofin' on Brit, More Food, ........

Hard Facts are pretty low on the list actually....

:?

I'm just glad their are more Hoons like me who like to self police, and tell Big Brother to stick it up their ass.

The money I spend on this site, provides more comedy than all the TV shows I watch , combined.

YOU guys are the reasons I keep things going.
quantum500

Post by quantum500 »

AlisoBob wrote: I think it was worked out for the better, for everyone.
I couldn't agree more.
thats what secondary players want to do!
I don't get it?

I guess I wasn't really clear on that part. I would be amazed if it merged as the definition of merged. I think collaborated may be a better word. I just don't want to see the to other site go the way of Larry's. Ya there are some issues to be worked out but shit who or what doesn't have issues? I'm completely aww struck that such a nitch type of bike has so many great people standing behind it. Not only that but enthusiasm seems to be growing especially on the conversion front. That is where this forum stands head and shoulders above the other one. I can't say it enough you did a really great thing Bob!
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

MICK wrote:I wouldn't pay anybody for my opinions either. I'm not implying you're wrong to think the way you do :wink: But the other site does require a donation to do so. AJ has payed to speak his mind, and he wouldn't be pleased to see somebody do the same without paying as well. Makes sense to me. Maybe some of his comments are angry tirades? I can't tell, it's a web post. I think I read them pretty clearly, and they sound like any guy just trying to clear some air to me.
Look at what color my sceen name is, it say's I'm a contributing member that means a cash donation... does that make sense to you. Members don't have to pay to speak their mind they pay to "advertise" that's like saying you should pay here on this site to say "I think I read them pretty clearly, and they sound like any guy just trying to clear some air to me." but, no other member will tell you to pay to advertise to say what you think. You better believe they are angry tirades nothing more nothing less. This is what clearing the air is "discussion" and the thread won't get locked so were able to do that and this is the only site you can do that on. Trace told me "I appreciate you being a member and what I bring to the table." does that sound like he has a problem with me I don't think so.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
MICK

Post by MICK »

ou812 wrote:
I only care to absorb the factual hard information many of you have concerning the CR500. The rest is garbage IMO.
I don't beleive that to be true...We also help one another out a little, and I know you do also, you've sent stuff out no charge to others. That's way more then just absorbing good info.
Hmm...seems you've shot my argument all to shit :lol: I should say 99% of my browsing is for information. Should I have extra parts I no longer need and my riding friends can't use them, I have and will continue to give them to any of you. Yes a good many of you bullshit and what not on here like you're at Starbucks. I'm just not one of them. Personally I'd much prefer to read some technical papers on cylinder porting, head modifications, crank case pressure ratios, piston and con rod modifications and fuel data. But like I said, I'm just a blade of grass in this yard.

Mike, I haven't paid close enough attention to the color of your name. But if you're already a contributing member...I don't know what else to say? The opinions expressed that I'm talking about is your personal business, "Teemtrubble's". Not your's and my feelings. Maybe they'd like a little more money from you? :lol: Now that you mention it isn't there a difference between "contributing" and "sponsor"?
kkvslayer

Post by kkvslayer »

Mick-I wasn't aware that when you purchase a SH you are obligated to defend every comment made towards AJ/SH,you say you like to stay clear of the "garbage"yet you always seem to have something to say in defence anytime something negative against AJ/SH is brought up.

"Yeah AJ was just saying if somebody wants to talk like that they should have to pay like he does."

Picture this as AJ's ass if you look closly Mick is first in line

"AJ has payed to speak his mind, and he wouldn't be pleased to see somebody do the same without paying as well. "

"Mike, I haven't paid close enough attention to the color of your name"

Maybe if you pull your head out of AJ's ass and wipe the shit of your nose
you would of noticed :wink:
TT I'm sure you can do all the advertising on HERE you want for free without having to deal with all the horseshit THEY offer & it will be greatly appreciated instead of frowned upon.CR500riders seriously need to sort there shit out
1994 Heartless CR500R
1986 KX500
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

I don't get it?

I guess I wasn't really clear on that part. I would be amazed if it merged as the definition of merged. I think collaborated may be a better word. I just don't want to see the to other site go the way of Larry's. Ya there are some issues to be worked out but shit who or what doesn't have issues? I'm completely aww struck that such a nitch type of bike has so many great people standing behind it. Not only that but enthusiasm seems to be growing especially on the conversion front. That is where this forum stands head and shoulders above the other one. I can't say it enough you did a really great thing Bob!
OK, I apologize if I don't remember you from a CR500riders.com ride (I was at the first three CR500Riders rides and one Banned ride at Jawbone) so I am going to assume you are new. That said, I sincerley hope you understand that the ONLY reason this site ever came to be was because Trace preaches a very mixed message on and off the board, and chooses specific times to be friendly and laxed and other times to be fairly militant and rigid. I don't know how many people from this board were actually banned from Trace's site, but I can assure you that those of us that were thought we were a little tighter friends to Trace than apparently we ever were.

Long story short...there is very little love between Trace and this bunch, and my guess is there is not any nor will there ever be any motivation to merge the sites, and more importantly, the personalities. Besides, this site better represents true CR500 enthuseasts in my opinion. Why? Because here, you can be someone curious about owning and riding a CR500 powered bike, or even be a previous owner with info and stories to share. You do not have to be a "current owner", which is rediculous and totally counterproductive in terms of promoting the continuation of the CR500 legacy.
CR500AC widget maker
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

quantum500 wrote:
AlisoBob wrote:

I don't get it?
Its a Wall Street thing.... Secondary companies want to merge with bigger ones, rather than being taken over ( in a hostile way) and end up being dissolved later...
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I have a shitload of respect for Trace as a rider, (A+ ability fo' sho.) and agree with everything Shan said too.

I had tons of conversations with Trace... both when I was a member, and not.
Prolly' more when I was not.

I had no problem seperating my friendship with him, from being a member on his board.

I guess he cant.

Life goes on.
Last edited by AlisoBob on July 5th, 2008, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICK

Post by MICK »

A+ kkvslayer. I was expecting to read that much sooner than I did. Funny isn't it? You call some of SH's work poor and you're an AJ hater, or suggest maybe some of his posts were taken out of context and you're an ass kisser. I understand that is really the only way it can be. It almost defines this forum. Haters and Ass Kissers. But in this case it has nothing to do with Service Honda, or the bike sitting in my garage. Devil's Advocate is more the answere here. I see several one sided opinions on this site, as well as the other, and I try anyways to provide opinions that often aren't shared by others. kkvslayer we could be talking about you and I'd say the same thing if I felt so. As it would be Service Honda is usually the gossip on this site, so it would make sense it looks like I defend SH at every turn. I agree with Mike and Bob, where the hell do the donations go? And how come Mike can't plug his work in from time to time if he provides these donations? But to just say, "yeah that's fucked up." Well, would make me just another sheep. Instead I've suggested reasons as to why things are they way they are. Only suggestions.
Last edited by MICK on July 5th, 2008, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Travis

Post by Travis »

I am an innocent bystander in this situation. However, I will throw in my 2 cents. I say this because I do not own an AF 500. To be honest I have only saw AF 500’s on this site and the other. I originally thought that Service Honda and Honda were one in the same. My bike is rolling in the steel frame that was tacked up in 89 for it. I would however like to have an AF at some point. When the funds become something I can spend on such a luxury or the steelie gives way. I am a member at both places and have saw posts from both TTM and AJ. From my experience TTM will help anyone with a question, even if it is telling me to put air in my shock(lol). I have not noticed AJ doing so, unless someone has a question about one of his bikes. I think AJ is paying to maintain his Monopoly on the AF marketplace. To the point that even using AF without talking about a Service Honda bike is disrespectful. Come on, AF stands for Aluminum Frame no matter who makes it fit a 500. The other thing is I have saw AJ make posts that are hard to read. The spellings were horrible. Either the guy is in too big of a hurry to double check what he is doing or needs extra time in the simple spellings department. A typo here and there is one thing but come on. He may pay to advertise over there but I think hurriedly rushing through posts and not providing much technical info tells me that if he makes these Holy AF’s, I think I need someone who knows what they are doing. I have never spoke with AJ and probably never will. His work may be different than what I read into his posts but everything you do is an advertisement, whether you are selling something or not. IF I had to pony up the dough today and choose one of the two, my bike would head to TTM. That is my .02 cents.
britincali

Post by britincali »

MICK wrote: It almost defines this forum. Haters and Ass Kissers. .

I disagree.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok