Big J

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Dont forget the cheapo shit I gave ya...HAHAHA
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

oh ya, thanks MFDB for the gaskets! :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Bottom line , his he a scum bag or not ?
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ou812 wrote:Bottom line , his he a scum bag or not ?
yes, he is, but I ended up ok in the situation inspite of his scum-bag-ness :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Imagine buying a bike from a so-called "Fellow Hoon" , and finding this shit inside....

And have the guy look you straight in the face and basically tell you.... " Hey, you bought a used bike.... fuck off."

Nothing like running it with the air boot off, reconnecting it.... and dumping the bike off quick.

Also had complete memory loss about the kicker spindle boss being torn off, and rewelded......

...until really pressed on it.... " Oh yea, I remember now..... it busted off and left me stranded... I had to get it welded back on".......

You expect people to believe you forgot shit like that?

Big Jay may be a flake, Big "D" is a jerkoff.....
Last edited by AlisoBob on July 3rd, 2008, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Ya, I was pissed to hear about that bigD motor.... I rode with him on the AZ ride and he seemed cool enough, although he did mess with Justin and I a little, but all in good fun. I think that was shanmans old Gen-1 he was on too...
I was hoping you'd dig up those pics there Bob :shock:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Aside from those guys trying to haze us, I had a great time and Bid D did seem like a cool dude. I was very surprised to hear about that trick he pulled... :roll:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

He was cool with me. Let me keep my bike at his house, then brought it to the ride. Dude can ride too, pretty fast for a big guy.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Ported&Polished wrote:Dude can ride too, pretty fast for a big guy.
ya, until hes trying to show up some young guys and ends up puking! :shock: :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

dannygraves wrote:
Ported&Polished wrote:Dude can ride too, pretty fast for a big guy.
ya, until hes trying to show up some young guys and ends up puking! :shock: :lol:
HAHA That was GREAT!! Dude can HURLE!!

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

Big D proved to be a bit of a surprise more than once. First, for the bike he sold (see above pics) and then expecting me to basically "warranty" the AF I sold to him (that was clinically clean) more than a year after he bought it because he overheated the bike and the headstay melted a hole in his tank. I did all I could to help him repair a new desert tank that he was trying to relieve for the headstay but he melted a hole in it. I took his headstay and had a relief machined in it (for free). Later, the relief caused the headstay to break ( I warned him that could happen). He hinted that wanted a new and improved one for free, but by then I was over it. he had another guy locally make him one and I guess it worked out great (although it was huge and must have been a pain to make fit under the tank), because I never heard a thing from him again. What I DID hear through the grapevine was that he felt I sold him a shitty bike. WHAT???? :shock: Funny, selling that bike created lots of drama...including getting me bounced off the CR500riders site. :lol: Needless to say, I took the high road on that one and haven't spoken to him since. I was proud of that bike and loved it...even the day I sold it to him. I guess you can't please everyone...even when you try your best. Wonder how his karma is these days...'cause mine's good!

Last edited by ShanMan on July 3rd, 2008, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
CR500AC widget maker
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ya, you know whats funny, Trace gave me a hard time about selling the gen-1 kits you designed because he said BigDs headstay broke because of a shitty design :roll:
real nice.... :roll:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

funny, because he was a huge fan of that bike when I built it and was "in" the club. Only later did he voice an opinion...and that was after the debacle they put you through and throwing me off the site as well. To this day I shake my head when I think about all of the stuff that happened during that time. I am happy to have all that behind me....and I am pretty sure they are too. :roll:

For the record, I never had a single person EVER come back to me with a report of a broken head stay. Truth be told. Don was learning how to ride a dirt bike on a 500, which had more power than he could handle, despite his size. Because of that, he never let that motor turn fast enough to give the waterpump a chance at keeping things cool. Even worse, he slipped the clutch all the time because our singletrack is so technical. Nothing overheats a bike faster than slipping the clutch! He boiled that bike over ALL THE TIME because he went too slow to get air through the rads sufficient to cool the bike. As he got faster, I suspect the overheating thing probably got better. I never had that problem with the bike before I sold it to him once I got the coolant hose routing thing sorted out. Ever. (I got off a 500 because I knew it wasn't the ideal trail bike, and immediately I went faster for longer on a CR250 and eventually a KTM 300.)

I explained to both Don and Trace that the only reason that particular headstay broke was because I relieved it....too thin as it turned out. That, along with other things I said fell on deaf ears. But hey, I guess a pool builder knows more than a mechanical engineer about fabricating custom parts from metal. Too funny!!! :wink: Again, I am glad that is all ancient history...at least for me. I won't lie...initially the whole deal of selling my bike to D and then getting bounced from the site had me all butt-hurt. I felt I got shanked by guys who were my friends. later I was informed that I was not in fact a friend. Rather, I was simply an aquantence who bought a CR500 from him and later built an inferior AF. That kind of drama really took a lot of the fun out of riding dirtbikes for me. It is supposed to be fun and promote commradery, right?
CR500AC widget maker
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Any DOUCHE BAG that would over heat his bike hot enough to melt the tank is a idiot unless he's a guy that don't pay for his stuff (Sponsered) or is in a situation where he has to get back and there's no way of doing that with out killing the bike! That's pretty damn cool of you to try and help him. Shannon you know and I know from an Engineering standpoint something else was also wrong... motor mount bolts loose or even the headstay something else was loose enough to stress the material to the yeild point before failure. I know from talking to you you tried to help him not because you thought it was a design flaw but, it was better than telling him he's an idiot... I'm guilty of that as well. FUCKING DOUCHE BAGS! That shit just pisses me off!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Aluminum rarely breaks due to a overstress....

Vibration and harmonics play a huge role....

Don prolly' kept the rpm's right where his nuts tingled the best...

.....bye-bye headstay.

:roll:

Shan, you have done more things, for more people.... and never asked for much more than a thankyou in return...

Do you really think I would truck the whole fam damily out to AZ for your Birfday Bash if you werent the "Fo- Snizzle"

Rock on ,my Brother from another Mother.... You fight the good fight..

ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

I feel the love brother.......seriously. :D You guys making my 40th b-day party was the coolest shit ever!!!!

CR500AC widget maker
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

My "Comrades" did someone say party?
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

AlisoBob wrote:
Oh man, the US Festival, that brings back some blurry but great memories. Best damn use of Glen Helen before or since, back when Ca. was the shit! :headbang:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Truth be told. Don was learning how to ride a dirt bike on a 500, which had more power than he could handle, despite his size. Because of that, he never let that motor turn fast enough to give the waterpump a chance at keeping things cool. Even worse, he slipped the clutch all the time because our singletrack is so technical. Nothing overheats a bike faster than slipping the clutch! He boiled that bike over ALL THE TIME because he went too slow to get air through the rads sufficient to cool the bike. As he got faster, I suspect the overheating thing probably got better. I never had that problem with the bike before I sold it to him once I got the coolant hose routing thing sorted out. Ever. (I got off a 500 because I knew it wasn't the ideal trail bike, and immediately I went faster for longer on a CR250 and eventually a KTM 300.)
Ya that just stupid fuk stuff just stay off the clutch. On my trail 500 when we get into super slow stuff and she starts getting a little hot I can uselly find a section to pull off and get her ripping and air back in her. But ridding a 500 in tight trails is a bit of a art. But ridding it till it pukes is just stupid. My last ride on the weekend was with trail set up 4 bangers up in the interior dessert/ mountain like area in 100 plus heat, by the 3000 foot mark mine did better then most off the 4 bangers. Man If I put some fans on the rads I'll be on easy street, oh plus a bigger rear rotor
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

Ya that just stupid fuk stuff just stay off the clutch
Admittedly, that is sometimes a pretty tough thing to do here in AZ, especially on A & B rated trails. The stuff can be gnarly...really gnarly. Couple that with 60+ HP just itchin' to throw you off the mountain, and feathering that clutch seems like a good idea! He's a much better rider now I suspect...

Personally, I was a big fan of a Stealey flywheel weight to keep things chuggin' along.
CR500AC widget maker
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I've cooked onion rings in my tranny oil...

:cry:
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

We weren't talking about you Bob :lmao:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

teemtrubble wrote:We weren't talking about you Bob :lmao:
I'm just saying..... AZ is hard on equipment....
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

AlisoBob wrote:
teemtrubble wrote:We weren't talking about you Bob :lmao:
I'm just saying..... AZ is hard on equipment....
Ok then maybe we were talking about you :lmao:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)