60 miles

WTF Happened!!!!
bigpower

60 miles

Post by bigpower »

I'm almost me old self again. 30 miles saturday, 30 miles sunday, almost pain free. Bout damn time.

Did the Kalkaska C loop both days, saturday solo. It's one of the roughest rides in the state, those whoops are freakin insane. Had to take it easy on those sections, but for the most part, I hit a pretty good lick thru there saturday. On the downside, I did get t-boned by a kid on a KX125. I seen him, but he didn't see me, til it was too late. He managed to get it slowed down enough , but it still give me and Dans bike a jolt. Friggin Jerkington, not lookin no farther ahead than the front wheel, hopefully, he learned somethin. It's easy to get complacient, but if you're gonna carry any speed like the pace that kid and myself were keepin, man, you gotta keep eyes up and foward. The kid wasn't more than just shakin up, but the peg from Dans bike give him a pretty good dent in the Pro Circut. Yup, a good old 500cc Abrams. The rest of the ride was pretty uneventful, though I did take the warp drive route home instead of the last 6 miles of single track. A little top end test, make sure the jetting was good up there.

Sunday, my bros came out and we did it all over again, this time in reverse. Instead of goin the usual way, we run it clockwise. Think it worked out better for me, as we got the rougher, big sections of whoops outta the way early. Again, I was riding Dans bike, and it was runnin spot on, though I did make a couple small adjustments to the compression and sag settings before departure. I should have gave some equal time to the niner, but hell, this was technically my first riding of the season. Last year, the year before, and the year before that, Dan rode the fist ride of the season with me. The 4 of us standin on Smoke hill yesterday brought back some good memories. Just hope I can keep doin it for a few more years
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
britincali

Re: 60 miles

Post by britincali »

bigpower wrote: The rest of the ride was pretty uneventful, though I did take the warp drive route home instead of the last 6 miles of single track. A little top end test, make sure the jetting was good up there.

Lazy bastard! :wink:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Glad to hear your riding. Keep on going while you can! :D