04 crf took her out at last

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
ben

04 crf took her out at last

Post by ben »

Finaly found my self a rolling frame for the build and its a crf450 04 road legal picked it up yesterday only payed £500 witch is about $1000.
I started to put the motor in the frame to day and work out where to cut and weld just need to find somewhere to buy the rite grade ally to fab the Y piece.

I will be ordering the swingarm bushes tomorrow to get the engine in the rite place before i start marking up for the cuts for the Y piece and the mounts
Last edited by ben on September 12th, 2008, 1:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Nice one!
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Awesome!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

great bike...i like the 2004's....
ben

Post by ben »

Pics now added

Can anyone tell me how to get round the air intake as it looks like theres no way it will work will a 250 one fit
ben

Post by ben »

started to take the lower mounts off Image

lower mounts now off
ben

Post by ben »

finaly had some time to do a little more frame is now ready to be welded
Last edited by ben on August 19th, 2008, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ben

Post by ben »

has anyone got any pics of how to do the rads and pics of air boots
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

that would be sweet wouldn't it?^^^

but i have no idea yet...all i know is that the 450 boot is like 5 inches away....and that the 250 boots are alot closer i just don't know which one is going to be good yet...waiting to check the boot off a 2007 cr 250...somebody here must know...
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

Here is how I did my rads, my bike was missing them so I got mine from eBay. The left is a CRF450 rad and the right is a 01 CR250 rad. Only mod needed to the rads themselves was to turn the left bottom outlet up to meet the hose. Now had I got both 01 250 rads I would not have needed to have either rad moded. Note that the CRF 450 right rad is longer the left, to use a 250 rad you will need to move the rad mounts on the frame. I did and it worked out great.

As for the air box, 5 inches away??? My stock 450 is fine in length, but there is no way it will fit over the 500 carb lip. My understanding is a 00 boot is 6 3/4 at the longest point, a 98-99 is 7 1/16. My gap measures roughly 7 1/4, so I am going with the 98-99 setup. Give me a week and I will let you know how it turns out. Also I thought 01 and after 250's had a new carb and it would not fit on the 500 carb????
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

HAHA i was just totally baked this afternoon and looked at my air boot and i forgot i didn't have the carb on the engine!!!!!!!!!!!! thats why it was 5 '' away...otherwise it fits up perfect minus the diameter. :oops:
ben

Post by ben »

iv been trying to make the 500 one fit but its having none of it its hitting the shock
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

ben wrote:has anyone got any pics of how to do the rads and pics of air boots
You can go to Napa and get some fuel tank nozzle hose. They make a size that is the exact same size as the carb,you cut the snout of of the 450 boot and epoxy,permatex a new boot nozzle in that lines up perfect. You go to the next size bigger for the lip over the carb. Just use heat shrink or heavy black duc tape over the hose boot area.

It allows you to line the boot up perfectly. You have to dremel the inside of boot to make it flow perfect. If you need help PM with your number and I can tell you exactly what to do.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Slow old Fart wrote: If you need help PM with your number and I can tell you exactly what to do.

+

1-800-NIG-GIVER
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

Slow old Fart wrote:
You can go to Napa and get some fuel tank nozzle hose. They make a size that is the exact same size as the carb,you cut the snout of of the 450 boot and epoxy,permatex a new boot nozzle in that lines up perfect. You go to the next size bigger for the lip over the carb. Just use heat shrink or heavy black duc tape over the hose boot area.

It allows you to line the boot up perfectly. You have to dremel the inside of boot to make it flow perfect. If you need help PM with your number and I can tell you exactly what to do.
:bong:

Say what?
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

AlisoBob wrote:
Slow old Fart wrote: If you need help PM with your number and I can tell you exactly what to do.

+

1-800-NIG-GIVER
fo' shizzel my nizzel

Post by dannygraves »

wow Bob, I wonder where you got that one from... :wink: :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

Slow old Fart wrote:

That, without a shadow of a doubt is the biggest piece of shit info that has ever been typed on this site.

Which mag did you copy and paste that gem from???????
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

britincali wrote:
Slow old Fart wrote:

That, without a shadow of a doubt is the biggest piece of shit info that has ever been typed on this site.

X2!
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

here's a picture of slow old fart and his ipod

Post by aloha450x »

ok well i havent installed mine yet in the bike. but the carb fits the boot. i have a pwk39 and im using the stock crf450 boot. the carb i bought was turned on the boot side. so they milled about 1mm total off. i used a hairdrier and wd-40. heated the boot for a few and sprayed 40 on the carb. slid right on. clamped it and hols good. as far as the correct distance i dont know.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

britincali wrote:
Slow old Fart wrote:

BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rotfl:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

britincali wrote: That, without a shadow of a doubt is the biggest piece of shit info that has ever been typed on this site.
What about me rallying the troops behind Big Jay when he blew his shit up with plugged radiators, like a dumbass.....

Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

britincali wrote:
Slow old Fart wrote:

That is why I said do it by phone it is to complicated to explain by typing.

That is definetly one problem area of a 450 but the method I did my 2 by works fine but if you can adapt a new boot of some type that fits perfrectly would be better but I could not find one. One guy I built a 450 for told me he used a heat gun and stretched the boot to work correctly but my attempts to do this resulted in a split boot.
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

I am doing an 04 myself-- my motor is tilted pretty far forward and I have an 85 so it is 5mm lower.
There was no way to get any boot to fit
I cut out a 01 cr250 assembly and pulled it through the 450 airbox which needed some trimming to. You really can't see any riggage from the outside.
I am using a piece of 2" pvc to pull it together with a piece of rubber coupling to seal everything up. The only part that is going to look strange is that there will be 3 clamps on it instead of two. I am going to use the heat gun and a mandrel to put a bit of a flare on the pipe where it mates the boot.

I like how the boot fits around the shock with what I am doing now.

I will ride it around with the 250 part just 'floating' in the airbox, if it works right I will clean it all up and bolt it together.