1st Gen 3 For Lewisclan

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

1st Gen 3 For Lewisclan

Post by lewisclan »

Is this the premier site for building your own bikes?
It looks like Ill is picking up an 02 cr250 frame in a few weeks. I will be using an 89 motor and it will need to be completely gone through as well.

This will be my 1st gen 3 build infact Chance my 16 year old will be building this for his own Christmas present if he can keep his act together in school.

I gave him a 02 cr250 for a Christmas present and he lost it for bad grades......... I sold it now he hasn’t had a bike since last June. (Kinda hard core) he has been doing real great since we got him into a private school in fact he is an A student and has been for the last few months so Ive been letting him ride one of my Gen 1 bikes. I told him if he keeps his grades up he can build your own bike instead of riding one of mine during the summer.

Looks like he is planning on holding up to his end of the deal so its time to start picking up the conversion parts needed.

Ill order the 125 swing arm parts Bob posted and will be contacting my Bros as to what else Ill need Parts wise. I want to get all the stuff required before tearing down the 89 for the rebuild .

There is a reason this site is the #1 builders site in the USA.
I can feel the love
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

WAY :cool: J!!!!!!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: 1st Gen 3 For Lewisclan

Post by AlisoBob »

lewisclan wrote:
This will be my 1st gen 3 build infact Chance my 16 year old will be building this for his own Christmas present if he can keep his act together in school.

I gave him a 02 cr250 for a Christmas present and he lost it for bad grades......... I sold it now he hasn’t had a bike since last June. (Kinda hard core) he has been doing real great since we got him into a private school in fact he is an A student
Forget the bike, this is the good part of the story...

Your a good father Jay.... Lots of dads dont make this hard choice.

Chance will remember this, and if the time comes, will probably follow your lead with his family.

:ride:
zorak-2

Post by zorak-2 »

You rock Jay you wanna adopt a 38yr old hoon :lol:. I come with my own bike and house broken :lol:. You are one cool pops most good parents show the tough love thats what makes them good parents and makes them good kids to.

How did the boys do this weekend and tell Cid hello.
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

sounds great man :cool: . I cant wait untill my son is ready to ride Your a great Dad and hes gonna be a good man as a result!!
Jay

I break stuff
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Right on Bro! I heard you were getting that bike look forward to seeing it completed! :wink:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
dezertryno

Post by dezertryno »

Old school parenting...I like it. I'm a product of it....oh...wait. :shock: Your boy is learning alot, and doesn't even know it. He will thank you when he's older. Can't wait to see your finished product, and which way you go about doing the frame.

Mods...at some point, can we make Gen 3 conversion parts a sticky, now that a few people have done alot of legwork getting proper parts for spacers, mounts, etc??
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

dezertryno wrote:Old school parenting...I like it. I'm a product of it....oh...wait. :shock: Your boy is learning alot, and doesn't even know it. He will thank you when he's older. Can't wait to see your finished product, and which way you go about doing the frame.

Mods...at some point, can we make Gen 3 conversion parts a sticky, now that a few people have done alot of legwork getting proper parts for spacers, mounts, etc??
Ah... There already is bro...
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!