easton fat bars

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
blownbillybob

easton fat bars

Post by blownbillybob »

was talking to the guys at my local Cycle Gear about there new easton bars there fatter then the pro tapers and you have to buy there clamps and the pad looks weird to me. 100.00 bars and pad no clamps? heard that Pro Taper is going out of buisness???? any buddy tried these yet???
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

I beleive Pro Taper (Answer) are actually made by Easton.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
TJC510

Post by TJC510 »

Ported&Polished wrote:I beleive Pro Taper (Answer) were actually made by Easton.
on protaper "easton" bars, the aluminum was supplied to answer by easton. they had a falling out, now answer has another supplier. the new bars are "Contour" and "Evo". i have heard they are not as strong as the old easton pro tapers. i have the contours on my bike and havn't had a problem yet.

the Easton fat bars are HUGE, they are 1 3/8" diameter. i seem them at the dealer show, with the big ass pad, you wouldn't know they are that big. onyl thing about them is you have to buy the entire upper tripple clamp and bar mounts the first time.

ill stick with the regular protapers, alot more choises as far as handguards go.
TJ
2005 cr500af
2008 300XC/w
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

i have eastons and the clamps that go with them. i should have got a different bend to compensate for my arm lenght but i like them otherwise, the "feel" better that the stockers did
Jay

I break stuff