FS, 86' fmf gnarly, 89+ racetech shock + more

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
bigjay

FS, 86' fmf gnarly, 89+ racetech shock + more

Post by bigjay »

got some stuff for sale

86' fmf gnarly gold series, very good shape, just needs a little polishing in the headpipe area $70 plus $25 shipping

89+ racetechbuilt rear shock and spring, set for a 200lb rider built in 03' $50 plus shipping

89+ head $50, good shape!

1990 ( 89-01) coil and cdi with wiring all the way to the plug and plug ends
$50 plus $8 shipping

polished 1990 swingarm ok shape $30 plus shipping ( ill need your zip to get a quote)

1990 dogbone/lower shockmount $25 plus $10 shipping

straight 1990 ( 89-90') subframe $30

i also have a complete 86 parts bike, minus the powerplant and electronics, the following parts are from that bike...

recovered BLACK seat $20 plus shipping

forks $30 no chips in the chrome

shock $10

swingarm $40 plus shipping ( good shape)

complete front brake set up ( caliper, rotor, line and res.) $40

there will be more as i take it apart, just let me know what you need

paypal addy is rauch4@yahoo.com, if shipping is less than what i charge you ill refund the difference.
Jay

I break stuff
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

Hey Jay
Could you get me some pictures of the forks? My email is Laird_lorne@hotmail.com
Thanks
Lorne
1982 XR200
1985 CR500 86' Motor
1990 CR500 85' Motor
2000 CR250
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

will do man, ill take pics tommarow
Jay

I break stuff
chairbornrangerx

forks

Post by chairbornrangerx »

I'm interested in the forks too, They should fit a 91 right?
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

pics today i promise :). actually they will only fit 88 and older, i do however have a set of 90' forks that were revalved and sprung by racetech that i can sell ( set for a 200-220lb rider)
Jay

I break stuff
chairbornrangerx

Yeah how much would those cost??
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

Uzi, sorry for the delay in pics, i cant get the front wheel off, these pre 89's mount different, ill figure it out by tommarow.

chairbornrangerx, $100+ shipping will get you the racetech forks. i had planned to put them on my new bike but im too big for them and figured i would just respring the ones already on my bike.
Jay

I break stuff
chairbornrangerx

I should be able to let you know by tomorrow if I want to buy them... I pulled out my service manual, and the internals look quite a bit different IMO from '90 forks to a '91 fork. It looks like the 91+ forks are easier to work on.... But anyways, tomorrow I'll actually find out if my fork is broke or not and then I'll let you know if I need to buy yours.
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

bigjay wrote:Uzi, sorry for the delay in pics, i cant get the front wheel off, these pre 89's mount different, ill figure it out by tommarow.
No hurry I'll be away from the computer all weekend anyways.
1982 XR200
1985 CR500 86' Motor
1990 CR500 85' Motor
2000 CR250
chairbornrangerx

Yeah, threads on damper rod and fork cap are all chewed up, I think its best if I just replace them. How can I go about getting you the money??
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Explain something to me Jay..... The site pulls together for a new member who has some bad luck.... and gets some $$$$ together for you to fix your '90. Tell me ANY OTHER SITE that will do this!

What happens?

You buy two others, and start parting them out....

Not cool......

Call me.

Dont fuck this up for everyone.

:eatdrink:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

just so everyone knows, Jay is hooking me up with a good deal on that '90 motor and throwing in the rod kit... I'm going to use it i my gen4!
OOHHH gen4!!!!!!
:D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

dannygraves wrote:just so everyone knows, Jay is hooking me up with a good deal on that '90 motor and throwing in the rod kit...
Then Jay needs to step up, and refund all the $$$ he received to repair it.
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

:shock: definitly didnt mean to step on any toes, and before i say anything else i apologize for anyone thinking i did, you guys and this site mean way more to me than that, heres my explanation

I bought the rod kit and a used reed cage and reeds with the $$ that you guys pulled together for me from a guy on the "other" board ( Bob your 100% right NO OTHER SITE would have done what you guys did and ill say that forever... i had zero intention of jacking anyone around) I started pulling my bike apart and found 2 cracks in my frame.. one of which is all the way through and has at one time ( before some jackass tried to jb weld it and grind it down then repaint to cover the damage) caused major rust and weakness in the lower frame (right under the motor where the 2 y braces meet). so my idea was to buy another bike.. to be honest i felt like a dumbass for buying the bike i did with all the problems it had, aside from the motor and what Bob gave me pointers to look for, i didnt look too deep into anything else and in hindsight definitly should have.

one day on craigslist i found a guy wanting to trade a 97' cr500 that was all torn apart for a street bike, i have ( had) a roller 90' zx7 and a complete motor for it so i started working a deal with that guy so i could have a 97' frame to put my new motor in.. the son of a bitch who was supposed to be my friend fell off the face of the earth when i told him i needed my roller ninja back ( he was using it to mock up r6 tail section conversions).. very long angry story short.. ya i lost out on that one.. back to square one.

I found a good deal on an 86' and thought hell, ill buy that bike ( this is after i bought the rod kit and lost out on the 97' frame) get it running and then sell it to fund a good CLEAN 91+ 500 steely roller like ive seen pop up here and there, bought the bike, found a bunch of stuff wrong with it aside from the motor and tore it apart, sold the motor to a guy in NC and barrowed the rest of the $ from my in-laws to buy the 89 i just got.

keep in mind this whole time i still had the blown motor from the 90 and the rod kit and reeds, i had no intention of getting rid of it. Danny ( super Hoon himself who was right there when you guys came together to help me) mentioned he could use the motor so i sold it to him for what i thought was a good hoon deal compared to the prices egay brings and threw in the rod kit because it was bought with the hoon-a-thon money.. i didnt see how i did anything wrong.. maybe i should have asked before i did it but that should show that i didnt SEE that i was doing anything wrong.. the $$$ I got from Danny paid my in laws partially off.. in no way shape or form did i profit on any of this nor would I try.. im in the hole on this whole dirtbike venture bigtime condsidering what an 89 bike is worth and what i lost on the other bike. but i just want to ride.. who gives a shit what it costs at this point. Ill refund all the money sent if thats how you guys feel.. no problem but again i didnt see how i was doing anything wrong and it still helped me get a bike going.. just not the 90 i had.
Jay

I break stuff
britincali

Post by britincali »

IMO....

If you bought the rod kit with the money from here and are now hooking danny up with a great deal on the blown motor AND GIVING him the rod kit, your fine :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

he is a hoon in my book :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

britincali wrote:
If you bought the rod kit with the money from here and are now hooking danny up with a great deal on the blown motor AND GIVING him the rod kit, your fine :cool: :cool: :cool:
X2

I think as long as you are not making a profit off of selling something that we gave you the money to buy then your good. And the fact that if you did get something with that money that it benefits another hoon. Not end up on ebay or some crap like that. I just hope that all that money ends up going to bike related stuff to keep some hoon out there riding as I think that was the whole idea of it.
1982 XR200
1985 CR500 86' Motor
1990 CR500 85' Motor
2000 CR250
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, that rod kit with that motor is going to be part of a new gen4 hitting the trails ;-) definitly helping to keep the 2 stroke alive!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

Uzi wrote: X2

I think as long as you are not making a profit off of selling something that we gave you the money to buy then your good. And the fact that if you did get something with that money that it benefits another hoon. Not end up on ebay or some crap like that. I just hope that all that money ends up going to bike related stuff to keep some hoon out there riding as I think that was the whole idea of it.

Thanks Danny, Chris and Uzi :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

I am making no profit whatsoever, that was never the plan and isnt even possible, if I managed to sell every part I pulled off of the 90 Ide still be in the hole over $700. The money that came from here DID help me get a bike going and it also is helping Danny get a bike going.. 2 guys with one shot, no it wasnt spent 100% like the original plan in that i didnt build the motor, however danny WILL build the motor, I would never have sold that motor and given that rod kit to anyone other than a hoon who needed it.. guess whos getting it.. a hoon who needs it.

Some people are out to profit off of others.. I am not that guy. I Respect this site and its members far more than that. Im a rider to the core, I roll with a street bike crew and have a strong sense of loyalty. Im sure that some people now have a tainted opinion of me but all I can do is offer the facts and hope they take them into consideration. Bob, I pm'd you, and called you and left a message, im here if to want to talk to me about this.. your opinion means alot.

-Jay
Jay

I break stuff
britincali

Post by britincali »

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit