Started building my track today

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Ported&Polished

Started building my track today

Post by Ported&Polished »

I finally got out in the back yard and used my tractor for a few hours to get something going. I created a good size table top and a big berm to hit going into it. It takes alot of dirt to make jumps and stuff, more will be added later to make the jump bigger and longer, but it's a start.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
wastedyouth02

Post by wastedyouth02 »

Im deffenetley gonna have to stop by the next time im out htere then
When in doubt throtle out

'91 CR500 mostly stock...needs alotta love
Ported&Polished

[/img]
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

look like a good start buddy!
Is that your house in the background?
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Ported&Polished

Thanks, yes that's my house. That middle picture represents prolly around 5 acres of my 40. The table top jump is about 35 feet long right now and about 4 feet tall. I need more fuel for the tractor or I woulda done more. I want to smooth it all out and hit it a few times the way it is so that I can determine how much longer and taller I want it. I'm not a jumper but I figure this type oof jump will teach me to go further and higher without getting hurt.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
britincali

Post by britincali »

Very cool PP :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Ported&Polished wrote:Thanks, yes that's my house.

I thought it would be bigger.....
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

leve it to Bob to pull that out of the photo.
nice looking ranch.
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

Ported&Polished wrote: I'm not a jumper but I figure this type oof jump will teach me to go further and higher without getting hurt.
Roger that, im no jumper either, today i started practicing for the first time. The guys down the road that i ride with are pretty sic and turn anything into a jump, they were givin me pointers today, but everytime i left the ground I felt like i was gonna go over the bars. i guess i need to find that happy medium.. either that or eat shit real hard a few times and never try it again :D
Jay

I break stuff
Ported&Polished

AlisoBob wrote:
Ported&Polished wrote:Thanks, yes that's my house.

I thought it would be bigger.....
LOL! I figured someone would suggest that. :lol: Actually that's my future finish line booth. It's a cool little building and will make a good spot for taking pics and getting refreshments. I thought I might paint it black and white checkerboard, and add some flags or something. :D I'm just glad to finally have something started, I have planned a track here for 4 years, just never got started until today. Maybe when it's done I will be able to get more Hoons to come out here for a ride, I've got a ton of room and mega amounts of trails to explore.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
bigjay

Post by bigjay »

youve got space for a massive track man.. how far of a drive are you from Freemers place?
Jay

I break stuff
Ported&Polished

Freemer is in Socal around 6 to 7 hours away.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

Looks like a good start I'm going to do the same thing around my place but I don't have near the space you've got. Keep us updated with pics. :cool: :cool:
1982 XR200
1985 CR500 86' Motor
1990 CR500 85' Motor
2000 CR250
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Looks nice. Talk about 'Livin the dream.' :cool:
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Nice, sure wish I could do that.
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

Bout time! :wink:
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Is the well dug?

Hows the irrigation going?

Do the sprinklers cover all the corners and jump faces?

Who's going to be the flaggers?

When is the starting gate going to arrive?

Is the water truck on order? Or lease as you go?

EMT's on stand by?

Covered by Insurance?

Do we have to sign a wavier?

Is there a membership?

How much is it?

Oh were members here, never mind.

:lol:
roost251

Post by roost251 »

awesome start. I know what you mean about just getting started after 4 years!! lol. After I built my flat track/tt shorttrack it took care of the riding jones for awhile, now that I got some more time freeing up I need to start laying out the track.

http://www.skidlidvideo.com/TrackBuildi ... ollege.htm

I found a good link that has some excelent track building tips. I worked for Marc Peters (track builder) for some time and he just kinda laid them out in his head, dirtworks kinda just lays out the distance between jumps no angles on landing or takeoffs. If you need a hand let me know, I believe I am the hoon nearest you ( 1-1/2 hr away)
Ported&Polished

Oh yea, your like right there up the road off the 40 right? Shoot man, your welcome here any time. I just got more fuel and will be scraping and piling more dirt this weekend. I have ridden the jump a few times and know what it needs, like more length and a nice berm after it to kill the speed. I am gonna hit the rest of the track area with my gannon box so I can determine the true layout. Nothing is on paper, it's all just dream it and build it stuff. As for water, that is no problem, I am going to put in several hose bibs and have a ditch witch ready to go. This sucker is going to take shape pretty fast now. :cool:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
roost251

Post by roost251 »

cool mang!!

To make the jumps last and hardpacked it helps to prep your dirt before you make your jumps by watering and mixing it up first then forming and packing/blading the jumps, then comes the hard part :cry: waiting and not riding on the track, for optimum results you would water them good, let them dry/bake then reapeat again, (at least twice, right after you build/form your track.) Basically this makes the obstacles really hardpacked and built like a brick s@#thouse, this is how the factory tracks are prepped to withstand a beating w/ minimal prep throught the season.

But forget that man, you got a loader, lucky dog.

Cool it will be nice to hook up w/ a local hoon and do some riding!! We still have to make the trip to the cinders. I have been wanting to ride some of the trails in that area too. This weekend moving mom into her new home and there is the fun run here on rt 66 (where I live) so no can do, but I will touch bases w/ you after that.