Street legal thread. Pics...CBR600 Rim. Done!!!

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

pimp559 wrote:still waiting :D
:D I am picking up my wheel tomorrow from my uncle and I will have the tire mounted as well. Pics will be up monday for sure since the wife took the camera with her to AZ on a trip.

I am taking my bike with me to get the wheel to make sure it fit and lines up right.

I have been driving it around town right now with the MX wheels on and there is a lot of improvement that is going to be made! I went to the DMV to get my plates and off road reg and since my bike frame came from cali I need to pay tax and title fees so I will get that done next week. I still need to hook up my taillight :roll: basically all the rest of the little things. DMV doesnt even do an inspection though, they just sell you a plate here. It is up to the person to make sure they are legal

Gotta love Idaho :cool:
Say hallo to my little friend, Mr. CR 500.
pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

Sweet, I got my plate in Ohio the same way :D
Member #1 Obama haters club (join below)
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... highlight=

If it ain't a CR500, your not worthy!!!
Friends don't let friends ride steelies!

Parenthood is a controlled state of insanity!!!!
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

well he didnt know how to do the final part so we figured out what needed done...maybe next week it will be done. The sprocket is paid for and should be on its way, the tire is here so all I need now is the wheel and a new chain...
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

Here are the done pics of it!! I think it looks freakin pimp but that's just my opinion.

pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

Looks real good. Can you post pics of the machine work it takes to fit it and brackets?
Member #1 Obama haters club (join below)
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... highlight=

If it ain't a CR500, your not worthy!!!
Friends don't let friends ride steelies!

Parenthood is a controlled state of insanity!!!!
Caseys500

Post by Caseys500 »

I left my bike at my parents house again but I can kinda show you what had to be done by the pics I took of it.

-Once you see the inner most part of the cush drive you will understand what I mean where it plugs in at
-I had to remove the studs from the cush drive because they were sticking out too far and find short bolts that matched the threading to bolt the sprocket to the cush. 12m 125 pitch bolts about 1" long.
I had to put washers (as you can see) on the brake rotor bolts since the machining took the little indented part that was on the hub off.
-Oh yeah...one big thing that has to be done is the cush drive has a spacer between the bearings on the inside I'llltake a pic and show ya what I mean when I get it home...Kinda hard to explain. But, I took that spacer out, cut it to about 1/8-3/16 and used it as the spacer on the left side...the inside of the cush had to be widened to fit the hub part with the inner bearing, closer to the cush side outer bearing.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

nice, so when will we see the matching front with dual floating calipers and rotors :wink:
nice though, i like to see people doing different stuff, there are too many sheep out there, but luckily most of them ride 450s :D :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80