Chest protectors for fat..uh..big boned people?

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
icediver

Chest protectors for fat..uh..big boned people?

Post by icediver »

Wondering what the above average size crowd is using for chest protectors? I don't have the option to try any on since we don't have any local shops. I haven't seen much selection in the 2x size department online. What are the big boys wearin?
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

X2 - I got roosted a couple of times out on the track yesterday and need something to deflect the hard stuff. Moose used to make a larger size protector per another fourm; but, when I tried to look it up on their web site, it appears they quit making it after 2006. None of the online places have any in stock that I've been able to find.
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

I have an HRP standard chest protector and see that HRP does these in a XL size for +190lb riders. I have a Leatt Brace and it works with the standard version, but is a bit of a drama to get on and off. HRP now does a chest protector that snaps on after the brace is put on. If I was buying new I would get that version.

http://www.hrpsports.com/
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

190? I havn't been that small since 3rd grade. :D I find that other than helmets and gloves, nothing is available for big riders. The gear I see is made for fit and trim riders, and very little is aimed at big bonned folks. I think it's because moto x is a fasion statement these days and not a average joe low buck entertainment sport. When I was a kid I can remember seeing lots of fat guys riding and now it's all about these small light weight people that look like they are 15 years old and weigh 140 lbs. Thank goodness there are plenty of cr500's out there for the 200 to 300lb individuals that want to ride. My buddy that weighs 300 and wears a size 14 boot looks like a misfit riding in his blue jeans and work boots, but that's the only thing available for him other than custom made.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
TJC510

Post by TJC510 »

acerbis makes the zoom 2 plus. its 3" longer and 3" wider. its what i wear, im 6'2" 270.

http://www.moto4less.com/acerbis-zoom2- ... ction.html
TJ
2005 cr500af
2008 300XC/w
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Ported&Polished wrote: Thank goodness there are plenty of cr500's out there for the 200 to 300lb individuals that want to ride. My buddy that weighs 300 and wears a size 14 boot looks like a misfit riding in his blue jeans and work boots, but that's the only thing available for him other than custom made.
I am 6,5" tall and 275- 280 and ware fox chest protector xxl & Alpine stars size 15 fox 360 size 40 ...... I also ware xxxl shirts
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

X2

Fox fits well.
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

Fly pants, Moose Jerseys, Fox boots, HJC Helmet, and Shift Gloves.. I dont have a matching item for gear.. hehe.. However the answer gear i bought last time around fits pretty good as well.. I have both the jersey and pants for that set and its comfy a little snug but comfy..
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

6'7" 290+

Fox XXL with all the tabs set to max

Fits pretty good.
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

After my last over-the-bars experience and subsequent scar from the right side of my stomach up to the center of my chest, not to mention the pretty colors from the bruising, I decided it's probably a good idea to wear a chest protector. I looked around on several vendor sites but couldn't find the Acerbis nor the Fox in a larger size. When I went directly to the Fox site, they don't offer a XXL but do have a XL Airframe which I ordered. I just got it and it seems to fit fairly well with no binding. I'll find out how well it works as soon as the torrential floods stop. I don't mind riding in the rain or riding in the cold, but riding in the rain and cold isn't an option.

Thanks for the info on the Fox Airframe! :cool:
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

Good choice on the Fox Airframe. I love mine. Im at 227 lbs. and wear a large, my buddy is twice my size and wears an XL with the adjuster tabs let out and it fits him great.
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

Well, wouldn't you know it; the first time I wore the Airframe at the track and I broke it. I was late hitting the throttle in a sandy corner and the front wheel washed out. I didn't hit the ground that hard but the plastic piece that the little web belt wraps around connecting the front to the part that covers the top of the left shoulder snapped. I think I can fab a metal piece and bolt it into the plastic that will hold it together. :bash: