Milestone 03/02...

WTF Happened!!!!
redrocket190

Milestone 03/02...

Post by redrocket190 »

Busier than LA traffic, and just as dangerous. Everything and everyone from kids on 65s to semi-pros running nose to tail. High winds and over-watering made the jumps "interesting". Bike continues to start and run like the proverbial swiss watch. Milestone is definitely a weekday proposition.

No sign of Mr. Iggy. Did see one other CR500R - a steelie, but it didn't move all day.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: Milestone 03/02...

Post by AlisoBob »

redrocket190 wrote: Bike continues to start and run like the proverbial swiss watch.

Dont you mean, like a Seiko?

:roll:

Glad to hear it!!!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

GOT PICS?
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Maybe cause I was to busy chasing tail. :lol: MXgirls ride day.

Wow I couldn't believe how packed the place was. Glad I got there early for me. I think I waited in line twice as long as took me to get there. :?

The wind did suck, and I didn't get going like I did the last time I was there. Only thing I should of done was the one double going into the wind that use to be a short table. Probably would of made it but better to be safe than sorry. Oh well still good times.
The change to the rythum section helped me, but overshoting and landing in the valley of the second double there hurts. I saw a few triple that or could be counted as a quad? Cool to see.

Sounds like everyone stayed injury free. Great job everyone. :cool:

Redrocket, I don't remember you were going. I was parked across from where the water trucks were filling up. Even the trailer was sticking out a bit until a three rail trailer parked next to me. I left at 2:30.

GOT PICS Sabre, I dunno I'll have to check. Mostly should be the girls, hell man there were like 50-60 on the Vet after 1:00 once the guys were flagged off.

Some notable names, Sara Witmoore and Vicki Golden were a couple of trucks over. Right when I was leaving the youngster girls next to me were changing a tire. So I helped them at least get the tube in and levered over the bead.

Wow first page. :shock:

Vicki, A lot younger than I thought.

Here's someone hucking the triple/quad.

Some of the crew that put it on.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Got there early too - about 07:45 - therefore missing the zoo at the gate. Parked opposite the green fence/long table top on the main track hoping it would act as a wind break - no such luck. Sorry, Mr. Magoo here didn't see you and of course I must have ridden past about ten times! Let me know when you go next - and I still want to try out Vet-X. I tried the main track but once, and two turns in someone just cleaned me out going for a gap that wasn't there. Banged up my ankle and munched the shift lever on the WR. I liked the track layout better than last time, but frankly this novice finds it hard to learn how to jump stuff consistently while looking in the rear view mirror at the same time for the next approaching lunatic. I did watch a couple of guys turning the whole rhythm section into triple/triple or maybe it was quad/quad; it was simply awe-inspiring. Saw Vicki Golden briefly - if you know what I mean - several times during the day. There were some very fast women out there. I did lose the front-end big time on the 180 before the table top and I am feeling a little sore today :(.

Overall I give it :) :)
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Getting to any track early can be dangerous, lots of fast people, but that sure beat the line. I'm glad I came in from the other side cause it was half as long. After about 11:00 the fast ones start to leave, although the track is rougher.
Maybe you left after the girls kicked the guys off the Vet track.
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

The onus is on me to get to the track in the week when it's quiet and raise my game so I can run better with the weekend warriors when called upon. The real fast guys are not a problem as they're used to lapping squids like me and just need me to be line-consistent!
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Yeah for squids like us its mandatory to hold your line, they'll get around, albeit very close at times.

Hell for the first time I actually passed two over the double on the far side thats actually a double/triple. I like that one cause the sandiness makes for a soft landing. I thought the guy in front of me was going to double it as well. Good thing I applied the rule "You can't pass if your following." :wink:
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Yeah most if not all are from the Vet track. By the time I decided to ride that it was Woman only. I think there is more of you?

page 64 #844.
page 68 #901.

and a couple of others before that. I guess you know.

:cool:
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

redrocket190= From the other board wrote: Hope to see you there. Want to get some G2 on Vet-X and whether a semi-clueless Novice is going to have fun or get banged up...
Ok I see what happened.

I'll be at Perris spectating Sunday Vet X race. I'll get there just before 10am cause thats when the first race starts. Its always the minis go first. The rest of the races get pulled from a hat so one could be the second race or the last. Ya never know.

Look for a black Accord Hatchback. If you can make it. Most likely hang with these two. Plus if you come out you'll get to see all the series ending prises that are given away.

I see your 47. Might try the 43-49 True Beginner class. I don't mean that with any disrespect its just that these guys are faster than what the class name implies. My last race with them I was gated with the 43-49 guys, 8 or 9 in that class, I finished like 6th or 7th with them. But I'm in the 50+ beginner, so I finished second in that. But there was only two of us and the guy ahead of me was like 10 seconds a lap faster than I. So he's moved up to the 50+ Amatur class. Sometimes Craig lets others in that are younger than the class age, it just depends on ones lap times.
Last edited by iggys-amsoil on March 8th, 2008, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

I can't make Perris this weekend, but assume you'll be going again when the next Series kicks off. The advice was just what I needed. I like their points systems so you can find your natural level over time.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
britincali

Post by britincali »

redrocket190 wrote:I can't make Perris this weekend, .

You wanna come out for a play in the desert then?
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

I saw your post, but I am down in Rancho Sante Fe and Coronado for the weekend as it is the missus' birthday. I thought she was 29 last year. Trying to wangle Ballinger next weekend.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Yeah I have to practice Perris before the 30th race sometime. Hmmm.... just checking the calender should try/go the 20th thursday morning or it has to be the 27th.

Also to Easter Sunday 23rd looks like AMP will be open for the proriders. So I'm defin IN for that one. Brit you should get in on this. Hell, ya did the ADGP through there so ya know what its like. I'm runnin the helmet cam and havin the wife video the camel jumps. :lol: