Building a CR500Af suggestions please.

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

$2800 for the bike is a good deal, as long as its not all clapped out.

Post some photos of it, and I dont mean from 30' away.
motorider

Post by motorider »

assuming i have all the parts is there anyone or shop that you can send you frame and engine to and have them convery it also the tank and airbox boot? if so anyone have ideas of price.
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

mxracr121 wrote:
Slow old Fart wrote:
teemtrubble wrote:GEN 3 hands down!
Why do you say that because you would not catch me doing a 125 unless someone gave it to me.

Oh yaa and SH promotes the 125 why because they built it and they use what ever they can for the conversion because bottom line is they got the roller cheap! And the product outcome is in a way an after thought!
SH doesn't buy rollers. And BTW, the Gen. 3 CR125 was a fantastic chassis. One of the best ever produced.
Yaa but it is designed for super x and if I am not mistaken has a steepr head angle. Those bikes were never designed for the torque of a 500cc motor. The CRf 250 was not either ,at least the 450 had that in mind to a degree when it was engineered. But who am I to say it is whatever works for you.

I like stable 500's and some bikes are more stable than others, not to mention all the work a 125 chasses needs to become a 500. ALOT!!!!!! The CRF 450 and 250 is only a little more work than a gen 3 CR 250 if you are raising the Y.

I like what SH is doing but they are in business to make a profit and are going to use whatever roller they can to get for the best $ profit.

But they are full of POO POO, when people started doing CRf 450's they were saying that was not the chasses to do because of the head stay as well as the frequency vibration of a 4 stroke is different than a 2 stroke and the CRF frame will crack.

Then 1 year later they came out and did a CRF 250, whats up with that SH ?

SH is full of POO POO, but it's good POO POO and not the real smelly kind of POO POO. Kinda like POO POO that has been baking in the sun for a week and really only smells a little because it is all dried out!
Last edited by Slow old Fart on February 23rd, 2008, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Slow old Fart wrote:
SH is full of POO POO, but it's good POO POO and not the real smelly kind of POO POO. Kinda like POO POO that has been baking in the sun for a week and really only smells a little because it is all dried out!
Oh 'Torky.... Your Killin me.....

:rotfl:
Slow old Fart

Re: 500

Post by Slow old Fart »

mxracr121 wrote:
Slow old Fart wrote:
mxracr121 wrote: Yes, without a doubt. You will spend a fortune buying everything you need part by part. And, you always forget just how many parts there actually are. All the little things really add up.
Not true you can build a CRf roller cheap.

Go look at my ebay handle REALSLOWWWW buying habits under MPS the guy who makes AF conversions. t

The good thing about buying it by parts is you can build exactly what you want. If you are building a motard you don't need a 21 or 19 wheel laying around also you can put state of the art suspension swing arm linkages on a older model and eliminate all the spare parts laying around. Go looka at my buying habits and you will see there is enough stuff to almost build a roller and add it up.

But you must be patient and if you want it now no it will not work!
You can buy a roller from $1k to $2k. You can't buy part by part, and all the parts you need, and I mean EVERY single little part, for that price. It can't be done.
sure it can you just do not know how to shop.
motorider

Post by motorider »

man so much info. so many decisions. gonna be fun. feel free to keep the advise comming. thanks as always.
Slow old Fart

Re: 500

Post by Slow old Fart »

motorider wrote:man so much info. so many decisions. gonna be fun. feel free to keep the advise comming. thanks as always.
I'm done with this one, figure out what you want and build it!
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

AlisoBob wrote:
Slow old Fart wrote:
Oh 'Torky.... Your Killin me.....

But no matter which way you step in it or smell it in this case they are full of POO POO.
motorider

Post by motorider »

thanks i will keep that in mind lol.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Slow old Fart wrote:
Why do you say that because you would not catch me doing a 125 unless someone gave it to me.

Oh yaa and SH promotes the 125 why because they built it and they use what ever they can for the conversion because bottom line is they got the roller cheap! And the product outcome is in a way an after thought!
SH doesn't buy rollers and I'll put my bike up agains't anything you can buy! When I said GEN 3 hands down that does cover 125's as well as 250's and SH doesn't build my bikes I do. SH promotes the GEN 4 because that's they're current model. Don't confuse my bikes with other manufacturers because they are not the same. That's why I say that! Since you asked... :wink: Oh yaa how did SH get dragged into this from one of my quotes because I'm the last person SH is going to promote that's for damn sure even if I did give them one of my bikes. :lol: :lol:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

teemtrubble wrote:I'm the last person SH is going to promote that's for damn sure even if I did give them one of my bikes. :lol: :lol:
I'll promote you for a bike, Mike! :cool:
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

CR500R-G3 wrote:
teemtrubble wrote:I'm the last person SH is going to promote that's for damn sure even if I did give them one of my bikes. :lol: :lol:
I'll promote you for a bike, Mike! :cool:
X2 :D
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

teemtrubble wrote:
Slow old Fart wrote:

SH doesn't buy rollers and I'll put my bike up agains't anything you can buy! When I said GEN 3 hands down that does cover 125's as well as 250's and SH doesn't build my bikes I do. SH promotes the GEN 4 because that's they're current model. Don't confuse my bikes with other manufacturers because they are not the same. That's why I say that! Since you asked... :wink: Oh yaa how did SH get dragged into this from one of my quotes because I'm the last person SH is going to promote that's for damn sure even if I did give them one of my bikes. :lol: :lol:
I

know what the hell SH does I have been talking to them about this since 1998 so I know how full of chit they are,but it is good chit because they really help keep open bike 2 strokes alive.

I know about the way SH claimed the 125 chasses was the best handling one before the Gen 4 but with the head angle in more what kind of handling are they talking about it certainly isn't high speed stuff.

So it is all in preference to what you want, when you say you will put your bike up against anything what the hell are you talking about in what way. I mean like if I were dating your 125 conversion for a night I would like it better than one of my 450's on a blind date ?

That is the thing MPS claims he will and is going to build all of them and test them so he can sell you one for what you want. The statement you made is unprofessional.

Yes your 125 is a work of art NOW GO BUILD ONE OF EACH MODEL THE SAME WAY AND TEST. That is what I did not like about SH, they built whatever was the best viable profit at the time so to me there info on these AF products is limited.

MPS seems to want to take it to tthe next level and build what the customer want's them to build so there is no ? and he does not have to say mine is better than your's he just delivers what the customer wants.

I suggest for your own good if you are going to be offering these bikes for sell you do the same. How many have you built and of what type.

My guy has done 2 gen 4's 450's 2 geN 3 450'S AND 1 GEN 3 cr 250.

And I can tell you they are all different and meet different needs of the consumer.

I like what you are doing alot but one size does not fit all!
Last edited by Slow old Fart on February 23rd, 2008, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
23x

Post by 23x »

Go with the Chevy bottle jack....I blew out the tranny in my old Ford
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

23x wrote:Go with the Chevy bottle jack....I blew out the tranny in my old Ford
I think this guy here is JACK IN THE BOX sent here by the enemy communist site to infiltrate and spread disident's amongst the community?

He goes by the handle of Dredge and is a head informant for the CR5 Stumper's.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Naaaaa, I sent this guy a sprocket, he's in Michagan .
23x

Post by 23x »

How's that dementia working out for ya? Slow Old and Bitter...Nice! 23x :?
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

Are any of the head guy's who are over there here?

He has a nice site but way to sterile, it just becomes boring. Most of the sites where there is a all knowing central command they fizzle out over a while.

Just look at a pure communist state they go completely stagnent.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

This is the thing the guy asked our opinions and my opinion was a GEN3 hands down that's it he didn't ask for a comparison of SH and MPS to my opinion. Just to give you all a little insight we are working on building one of every model in different configurations and I can't build them the same only better but, I'd always go hit the little hottie and I do agree with you "Slow" big girls need love too! As for Professional or not it's still my opinion. I pick and choose how much and who I do work for and charge them what I want and the terms because I don't build bikes for a living I build them because I like to. I don't promote or advertise in any of my businesses I don't need to... but, I'd still go hit the hottie! :wink:

Billy I thought you didn't want a conversion anymore? but, Thanks.

Robert you'd only do that so you'd have something to ride until you got your airboot! :rotfl: just kidding Thanks
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

teemtrubble wrote:This is the thing the guy asked our opinions and my opinion was a GEN3 hands down that's it he didn't ask for a comparison of SH and MPS to my opinion. Just to give you all a little insight we are working on building one of every model in different configurations and I can't build them the same only better but, I'd always go hit the little hottie and I do agree with you "Slow" big girls need love too! As for Professional or not it's still my opinion. I pick and choose how much and who I do work for and charge them what I want and the terms because I don't build bikes for a living I build them because I like to. I don't promote or advertise in any of my businesses I don't need to... but, I'd still go hit the hottie! :wink:

Billy I thought you didn't want a conversion anymore? but, Thanks.

Robert you'd only do that so you'd have something to ride until you got your airboot! :rotfl: just kidding Thanks
Your work is great and you should ride all of them before promoting one is better than another.

The 125 is to much work in my opinion but if you want it then make one,

Actually I feel if the steering problems on a gen 4 can be fixed it is superior, fixing the steering should just be pushing the front wheel out more for more stability when you need it.

The radiators on all the GEN 3 ARE WEAY TO VUNERABLE AND THE GEN 4 IS MUCH nARROWER UP TOP.

A corectly done gen 4 needs no tank mod and the plug will come out without removing the tank and the bike is superior to work on at least my 450 is.

Bob claims it is more work but my gen 3 was more. In order to get the factory look we wanted on the second gen 3 450 a new y was machined and the gen 4 you can make it look factory with the old stock Y.

MPS claims he is using a stock y on a gen 3 and has it looking correct it can be done but the second gen 3 we did CRf 450 my guy machined a new Y!
motorider

mps

Post by motorider »

who or what is MPS
Slow old Fart

Re: mps

Post by Slow old Fart »

motorider wrote:who or what is MPS
It stands for ( multiple penis syndrome ) It is a rare birth defect that women love.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Slow old Fart wrote:
It stands for ( multiple penis syndrome ) It is a rare birth defect that women love.
kjettro

Post by kjettro »

AlisoBob wrote:
Slow old Fart wrote:

Hahaha..... maybe Chuck Norris has this syndrome......
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Thanks for the compliment! I have ridden everything except the GEN 1 CR250 conversion and I use GEN 4 radiators and I refer to all the four stoke chassis's as "Big Girl" from now on with the exception of the CR250F chassis which we will call a "Lil Girl with a boob job" So now can I say I like the GEN3? OK how about this...

"Out of all the bikes I've ridden in my prfessional opinion I like the GEN3's the best only if it's ok with Slow old fart!"

Either way "I'm still going to hit the Hottie!"

"GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3""GEN3" hahahahahahaha................
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)