whats my options?

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
coley13

whats my options?

Post by coley13 »

to prevent this

the springs are correct for my weight and ride nicely for the majority of riding i do but put simply my boingers are struggeling on some of the jumps. i dont jump very often anymore but i want the best of both worlds.

any suggestions
13 isnt unlucky i just keep falling off
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Raising the fork oil level is a cheap place to start.

Raising it doesnt change the forks behavior under most conditions. BUT when the big hit comes... it will make the "Air Spring" inside your fork stiffen more to assist your "Mechanical Spring" from bottoming out.

Add 10% to you volume ( 56cc if your running 560cc as an example) and see how that works.

If you cant get the bottoming resistance you need through adding oil, see your local Suspension guy for other options.

Stiffer springs are not needed...... the key is in the damping.
coley13

Post by coley13 »

cool thanks Bob, i'll give it a try. basically my suspension works fine but sometimes those big hits (which is not that often) is starting to take it's toll on my body.
13 isnt unlucky i just keep falling off
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

http://www.tootechracing.com/bottoming_ ... ements.htm

Heres some quick info on mechanical aids too.... I'll look for some more for KYB Forks...

From what you describe, adding some oil may be the ticket... what year is your bike? I think it is an '01, correct.

Standard oil volume is 630cc.... the max recomended is 660 cc.

Drain it to see what you had.... Then decide how much you want to refill it with, up to the 660 cc maximum.