A Sad Day...

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

A Sad Day...

Post by AlisoBob »

I was sent a notice about this today.... For those who dont know Larry...he was the first.... No doubt about it ... To host a CR500 site.

With out him , there would be no others.... He was the originator.

He is closing down his site..... Befor he does, it would be nice if anyone who ever visited it, or gained some help from it, would stop in and express that to Larry...

He's a pretty nice guy.... The text below was taken from his site..

http://www.network54.com/Forum/186548/

Obituary
June 25 2007 at 12:45 AM

Larry (Premier Login sidecase)

Forum Owner

Well guys, I think it is about time to bring this forum to an end. I have not really had the time to devote that much attention to the forum. It doesn't look like there have been too many posts or too much traffic as well. As some of you may know that I have made a big move recently to take a new job. This new job has taken up a lot of my spare time. What little time I have left has been spent looking for a house in or around the Charlotte NC area. I have just recently signed a contract to have a house built. This will suck up what little time I have left. I am sad to say that I have not ridden my bike since I have moved. Hopefully that will change once I am finally in my new home.

I enjoyed talking to you guys over the years and have learned lots of useful info and shared some info along the way. The lesson I learned from the most that it is really true that a few bad apples really do spoil the bunch. Most of you guys know what I am talking about. I put this whole thing on my shoulders and asked for no help from anyone. I really should have got more of you guys involved. That's my bad. It really takes the involvement of everyone to make an on-line community thrive. I should have known better to think that everyone would behave like adults. To those of you who had to put up with idiots, I apologize to you.

As what to do with all the post, I don't know. I could leave them up as kind of an archive of info or I could just delete the whole thing. I am not really sure what to do with it. There is a lot of good info in here. I can tell you that I am not going to pay for the ad removal anymore. There is just not enough traffic any more to justify the cost. So there will be ads on the forum soon. I am just not sure how soon. I will probably set the forum up soon to where it will be just read only and posting will be disabled. The forum has been dead for a while now but today I have declared it officially dead.

I will start making these changes within the next week or two.

Time changes and so do the styles and fads, or in our case, the bikes. The CR500 has been out of production since 2001 in the states. There are some of us that are just too stubborn to change and let go of the CR500. But there are also some of those who have already made the switch to the newer bikes. For those of you that refuse to let the CR500 die, I would recommend that you go over to

http://www.cr500riders.com

They have a pretty good bunch of guys over there. The moderators do a good job of keeping things under control. The only requirement to join is that you must own a CR500. Also, if you join, you need to read the rules carefully and abide by them. They will not put up with any nonsense. I believe that they are the last (only) CR500 community on the web that is thriving right now.

Thanks to all of those who contributed over the years. It's been fun and I have learned a lot about the CR500 putting this site together. Maybe one day down the road I'll make another go of it, but now I just don't have the time to devote to the site the way I should be doing. Thanks, Larry

Bike: 2001 CR500
E-line Lighting Coil, Baja designs headlight
Ims 3.5 Gal tank
Factory FX Decals

Approaching ludicrous speed!!!