Amsoil and your starter motor

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
iggys-amsoil

Amsoil and your starter motor

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Changed the oil in the trans and motor yesterday in the new to me Accord, an 88 with 155K. Idiots, put gear oil in the trans. :x should be 10W-40 or 20W-40 per the Accord manual.

Anyway I have always noticed other Accords starting like the battery is going bad. This one was no exception. Well this morning with 5W-30 in the motor I swear its like one revolution and shes run-in. :cool:

Side note; the old one with over 500K still had the original starter in it. :shock: :cool:
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

ya some people figure its a "transmission" so it must need 90wt or something like back in the old days. my truck calls for 90wt in the tanny, trans case and axles-my car if i remeber was 30wt motor oil for the transmission. alot of vehicles ive see nowdays use dexron3 in manual transmissions
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

my uncles old 5.0 mustang was mine for a while, and I converted it to a 5 speed after blowing out the o/d band for the 3rd time. the t-5 trans I got had gear oil in it (calls for ATF) and grind going into second. I can only assume its becasue the wrong oil was used. other than the grinding, it worked a lot better with the atf in there.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

I had a T-5 in tox's mustang and its a junk tranny, the tolerences from the factory are all over the place. If you strip it down and shim everything up its a decent tranny but in stock form its notchy as hell.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, not very smooth. I'm trying to get hoofarted to trade me that car for some a/c equipment. if he goes for it, then the car will need a tremec :D
as of right now it sits there all sad and dirty :cry: :cry:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

speaking of grinding and idiots without a clue: 1989 f-250 i had years ago had the ZF 5 speeed- apparently its supposed to use ATF, the dipshit i got the truck from put some kind of gear oil in it...it didnt totaly fock up the tranny but it focked up 2nd gear to 3rd it would always grind. im assuming all those new trannys have very small bearings and gears and such which require thin lubricant like ATF.