Magura Hydraulic Clutch Install and Adjustment

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
TecRider

Post by TecRider »

Thanks Bob, excellent tip ! ! !
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

im hard on the clutch, but it either works or it dosnt....if it dont the cable or the clutch is damaged.

I change my gear oil every ride......i remember using transmition fluid for many yrs in the 90's....never had an issue...any one else done this?
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
Slabman

Installation

Post by Slabman »

Can you post an installation thread that shows the installation steps from the conversion beginning so I can make sure this thing is going in correct? Also, have a leak @ the bottom of the slave where the rod moves in & out of the slave. Are these rebuildable or do I just need to get a new slave cylinder? Thnx Bob!
Docrick

leak fix in slave

Post by Docrick »

you get this leak when the seal is disturbed due to being pulled too far out or pushed too far in. you have to remove the cap and push the actuator in and pull it out a few times to reset the seal, this worked for mine.
the magura instructions explain this issue pretty well.
perseverance is the slow road to success
Docrick

Post by Docrick »

2strokeforever wrote:also been doin this for a while and forgot to mention it, JB weld a carb vent tube to the gold cap and route it up over the headstay andd back down, keeps dirt out and theres no air trapped above the piston
it makes a noticeable diffrence, with the 9mm, this, bearing lever, and moly paste lubed everything it is as easy as a brand new yz 250.... way better than stock, excellent feel and modulation too

Would be great if you could post a pic of this Mod as it sounds like a sweet idea but its hard to visualize what you are describing, thanks
Docrick

Hey 2stoke, could you post a pic of this?

Post by Docrick »

I think i get what you are saying but would like to see it before i start drilling.

thank you

2strokeforever wrote:also been doin this for a while and forgot to mention it, JB weld a carb vent tube to the gold cap and route it up over the headstay andd back down, keeps dirt out and theres no air trapped above the piston
it makes a noticable diffrence, with the 9mm, this, bearing lever, and moly paste lubed everything it is as easy as a brand new yz 250.... way better than stock, excellent feel and modulation too
mr500

Re: Magura Hydraulic Clutch Install and Adjustment

Post by mr500 »

I fitted a "Clake One light" (Aussie manufacturer) brand hydraulic clutch master cylinder using a Magura slave cylinder on my '01.
More common to be used on KTM's
It's the first time in 10 years that the clutch actually fully disengages!
It's light one finger use all day long and parts are readily available in Aus.
Rates up there on the mod scale with the PWK and CR250 ignition.
Keep it real, Keep it steel.