STR hasmy crank now they wont answer my calls!!??

Everything fuel spark and hard part regarding the engine. OEM, Aftermarket and custom.
donutman126

STR hasmy crank now they wont answer my calls!!??

Post by donutman126 »

I recently got my first cr500 and started doing my research on properly rebuilding it. I decided when I send my crank to be rebuilt I also wanted to have it balanced... I read all the reviews on rebuild and balance places and also called and talked to a fed shops. I decided to send my crank to Surf and Turf Racing after reading the reviews and talking to an emplyee/owner? at the shop explaining the process to me and telling me how fast the turn around time will be on the phone. I sent my crank to STR and after a week went by I called to check the status of it... No answer... so i Left a message. Two days went by and my phone call was not returned. So today it has been 3weeks since I sent my crank and piston, I have called a couple times a day everyday for the past week leaving multiple messages with no reply... I sent 3 emails so far and now im starting to get worried that I got screwed... My original oem crank didnt even really need rebuilding I was wanted to for peace of mind plus have it balanced... My brand new Wiseco piston is with it that I just had my cylinder bored to its size with a torque plate... I dont wanna bash any company I just want my cr500 back together, this really sucks Sad and maybe I can save someone else from sending their stuff to STR and going through what im going through...
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I'd be patient
Headwatermike

Re: STR hasmy crank now they wont answer my calls!!??

Post by Headwatermike »

How did this shake out? I'm going to tear down mine soon and was thinking about having the crank balanced. Did they get you taken care of? Was it worth doing?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Re: STR hasmy crank now they wont answer my calls!!??

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

STR had closed their doors.

On the "balance", i'm still not on that koolaid lol, didn't do the one for my MXA bike either.