Panthera Motorsports CR500 billet cranks

Everything fuel spark and hard part regarding the engine. OEM, Aftermarket and custom.
Pantheramotorsports

Panthera Motorsports CR500 billet cranks

Post by Pantheramotorsports »

Hi Guys,
Just to inform you that we are now going to be making our own billet crank.
Balanced to whatever set up of piston and rod you will run.
Custom stroke will be make on request.

Crank is now on the online store
http://www.pantheramotorsports.com/#!cranks/z2gkl
Last edited by Pantheramotorsports on April 11th, 2016, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
likelite

Re: Panthera Motorsports CR500 billt cranks

Post by likelite »

Pantheramotorsports wrote:Hi Guys,
Just to inform you that we are now going to be making our own billet crank.
Balanced to whatever set up of piston and rod you will run.
Custom stroke will be make on request.

Crank is now on the online store
http://www.pantheramotorsports.com/#!cranks/z2gkl
Are these crank same weight as stock?
Pantheramotorsports

Hi Likelite,

The weight of a billet crank is about 5% more. It is the price to pay to get rid of the thin foils and have strong billet material.

As for the inertia, if this is what you are worried about, it is pretty much the exact same.
likelite

Post by likelite »

Pantheramotorsports wrote:Hi Likelite,

The weight of a billet crank is about 5% more. It is the price to pay to get rid of the thin foils and have strong billet material.

As for the inertia, if this is what you are worried about, it is pretty much the exact same.
Thank you! Not worried about the inertia at all. Was just interested to know.
Pantheramotorsports

-B&B Racing engine
"After a long race season and thousands of race laps, Panthera cranks have endured harder race treatment than any CR500 replacement crank before. Typically after 3-5 races we tore down engines to inspect cranks(hot rods) and crank tin failure was common.
Now we have 20+ races with these and rod clearance has no change and performance is flawless, along with no more worries of tin failure. Vibration is minimal to none. High compression, motors runs constantly above 9000rpm, and Panthera cranks are still running strong"
Openclassexpert

Complete Engine

Post by Openclassexpert »

I see you are now offering a complete billet engine, my question is aimed at the transmission & clutch & basket, I am looking for a rolling chassis for now & then plan on buying a complete billet big bore engine from you.

I just wanted to know if your engines are turn key as in billet clutch basket & I don't need the electric start on mine so if it can be purchased without it.

My goal is a works type CRF450 chassis & a one stop shopping for my engine & it looks like you are about there. I know the transmissions need a little upgrading to hold the power & your work is what caused me to move to Honda after 44 years on a KX.
Want a monster open class bike, owned 5 K5s over 33 years, raced expert but only because I was booted from intermediate were I belong.

I come from a time when folks said what they meant & meant what they said.Thank PC culture for fragile snowflakes.
Pantheramotorsports

Hi Openclassexpert

Our component and the assembly from Millar Race Engineering in Manitoba is the strongest set up you can get for a big bore engine.

We can provide you a complete engine without problem. For more details feel free to email ma at sebastien.m@pantheramotorsports.com