New Member with 1997 Rebuild and Jetting Questions

Recount your rebuilds here!
Nate_00

New Member with 1997 Rebuild and Jetting Questions

Post by Nate_00 »

I bought a 97' cr500 and it was time to rebuild the top end so I decided to upgrade while I am rebuilding... I bought the fmf fatty with the turbine core 2 silencer, vforce 3 reed system, and a 90mm wiseco piston (the bike had been bored prior to my owning it). I also got a new clutch cable and moose racing easy pull system hoping to give it a lighter clutch pull its pretty heavy now and I lubed the clutch cable with no effect.
Questions...
1. it was bored to 90mm before I owned the bike but there has been no port work and the head is original.. is this a problem other than slightly increasing compression... will it negatively effect the way the bike runs? the bike is pretty hard to kick over but I don't know if that's just the nature of 500s
2. given my set up does anyone have any jetting suggestions for a starting point... I am in NC about 500ft above sea level, temp average 70-100f, 80% average humidity.. also it has the 38mm pwk carb and I ride mostly trail. Also the bike came with a stealthy fly wheel weight.. I think 15oz.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

All your stuff should run fine, check out Alisobobs jetting thread for PWK stuff, ace that flywheel weight, check the alignment of your clutch actuator arm, that might be worn out or galled, maybe get a new cable. My clutches are hard to tell the difference in pull effort compared to a KTM hydro...they pull easy.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica