Ignition and lighting coil options WTB

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
brodster12

Ignition and lighting coil options WTB

Post by brodster12 »

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the CR250 Ignition with the 250/125 lighting coil? Does anyone have one for sale? I have a 97 motor in a Gen 3 frame. Thanks!!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Hold out, 100w stuff coming soon.
brodster12

Post by brodster12 »

Care to elaborate? You have me very curious. :)
Pantheramotorsports

Post by Pantheramotorsports »

Hi Brodster12,

I think what Roostius was referring to is that we have a 110W 450x stator and flywheel conversion kit coming out soon. He was involved in the design of it. Being straight from the 450x, it will be reliable, more than some other aftermarket high output stator we have seen fail too often.

Stay tune for more info soon.
brodster12

Post by brodster12 »

Awesome! This makes me very happy!! Any word on a rough timeline?0
Pantheramotorsports

The flywheel is part of the electric start design we are preparing, so the complexity of such a project slows down the timeline a little. But the flywheel alone with adapted stator back plate should be ready around third week of February.
brodster12

Post by brodster12 »

I like the sounds of this!! Will you have to adopt the electric starter in order to use the lighting coil? At this juncture, I'm just looking for a more reliable lighting source.
Pantheramotorsports

You will be free to only buy the stator and flywheel. The flywheel will come out more that original so we will probably have to sell a adapted billet cover for people who only wants those two component.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

will you be able to buy it in pieces, meaning if you come out with the stator rotor deal first can we buy that and then move it over to your cases when the electric start comes out? I have an old eline but I never use it because it weights down the flywheel and takes all the fun away, then it sticks out so far it smashes on everything and feels weird to my big ass feet. I just ride my 650r after dark, with an 8" race and a set of LED's to fill the gap it works well.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Pantheramotorsports

Yes, of course parts will be designed so they fit the starter set up if you want it later on.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Hey rhino since you don't use that eline you should give it to me....i'd use the hell outta it....just sayin...
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
brodster12

Post by brodster12 »

Rhino89523 wrote:will you be able to buy it in pieces, meaning if you come out with the stator rotor deal first can we buy that and then move it over to your cases when the electric start comes out? I have an old eline but I never use it because it weights down the flywheel and takes all the fun away, then it sticks out so far it smashes on everything and feels weird to my big ass feet. I just ride my 650r after dark, with an 8" race and a set of LED's to fill the gap it works well.
Wanna sell the E-Line? ;)

I'm stoked for this new product to hit the market!! Hopefully it'll be available before spring :)
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Man it's been so long I will have to dig it out.....which I have to do anyway as I am using the CR in a team night race with my buddy in a month. I can't sell it until something else is available and at that point will it be worth anything? I just hate when it is on there.
Truex

Post by Truex »

Pantheramotorsports wrote:Yes, of course parts will be designed so they fit the starter set up if you want it later on.
Any idea on cost yet for the complete setup?
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

He has it on his website, I have one on my bike....if memory serves it was like $1700 or so with everything. On his site it is listed in Canadian dollars so you have to convert it.