noob problem keihn pj high idle

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
xcrider633

noob problem keihn pj high idle

Post by xcrider633 »

hey guys im stumped and using my phone a hoon lifeline. my cr is an 01 with vforce reeds and a keihn pj, 170 main 52 pilot its about 60 degrees here. needle is middle clip. bike would not idle before it would start and run not idle so i dissassemble carb find clogged pilot jet re assemble bike starts and idles very high as if i were giving it an 1/8th throttle idle knob all the way in. im assuming air screw turns are counted as for example 1 turn out as one turn counter clockwise from shut. another question looking at the slide one side flat one cutaway does the flat side face the intake ( reed cage) or twoards the air boot. im hoping that this is my stupidity and not a major problem if anyone has a photo that would be awesome to see it thank you!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

On the slide it will only seat one way. When you put it in the wrong way it goes about halfway down. When you put it in the right way it will seat to the bottom. The wrong way I've never done and screwed the cap on but I think the throttle would feel really weird. Make sure your cable is seated in the top of the carb and into the throttle housing so you have a little slop in the cable.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Kuma

Re: noob problem keihn pj high idle

Post by Kuma »

xcrider633 wrote:hey guys im stumped and using my phone a hoon lifeline. my cr is an 01 with vforce reeds and a keihn pj, 170 main 52 pilot its about 60 degrees here. needle is middle clip. bike would not idle before it would start and run not idle so i dissassemble carb find clogged pilot jet re assemble bike starts and idles very high as if i were giving it an 1/8th throttle idle knob all the way in. im assuming air screw turns are counted as for example 1 turn out as one turn counter clockwise from shut. another question looking at the slide one side flat one cutaway does the flat side face the intake ( reed cage) or twoards the air boot. im hoping that this is my stupidity and not a major problem if anyone has a photo that would be awesome to see it thank you!
When you say the throttle idle knob screwed all the way in and one turn out this should be the air bleed screw, the one with the knob is the clutch/and air bypass adjustment. also are you sure you don't have an air leak somewhere? crank seal, carb boot, base gasket ect?
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!