Bad misfire too end

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
davidonmars

Bad misfire too end

Post by davidonmars »

Hey guys my cr500 that I put together last year has a bad miss on the top end. Got all the ignition parts off roostius stator flywheel cdi coil. Has a 180 main I have just been tweaking this bike fixing other issues now I have to tackle this one. Tried br8es and bpr8es new cap swapped coils and plug caps. Changed reeds last fall. Starts easy idles great mid is good if at a low rpm in say 4th and you hammer it it'll pull hard until near the top end then it's brabambra for lack of better explanation feels likes it's misfiring.shift to fifth start pulling then missing again you can hold it to the bar and all it does is miss. Had a 168 main in before same thing needed to richer it up though. Last night pulled flywheel cover as I thought I'd have a look no play in crank seals good motor maybe has 5 hours max on it. Flywheel had some rust on the lug so cleaned it was excited because I thought that was problem also adjusted pickup gap and just took it for a blast and same thing no change at all
Sandblaster

Post by Sandblaster »

Did you test all the electrical components with a OHM meter?
What year are your electrical components?
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.
Gravel Scratcher

Post by Gravel Scratcher »

Blocked main jet ? Is it only missing at full throttle
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Plug and plug cap... Did you also replace the plug WIRE?
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo