85/86 clutch case replacement?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Disturbed

85/86 clutch case replacement?

Post by Disturbed »

Please forgive me in advance if my exhaustive searches used the incorrect words but I haven't run across what must have been asked several times before.

Is there another model year clutch case that works to replace a broken 85/86 one piece case?

Thanks
louis mielke

Post by louis mielke »

All years clutch cover will physically bolt up.

Most of us buy a 2001 right hand case and the quick change cover. The clutch cavity with the quick change cover is a little deeper so you may need to space your brake pedal over with a shim/spacer.

The only other issue you run into is the newer covers water pump outlets point straight up instead of one being angled backwards. This is pretty easily over come by finding an automotive heater hose with close to the right bends in it or some fittings spliced into the water hose.

The newer covers are made of aluminum not magnesium so you won't have the water pump rot that your probably dealing with.
"Don't worry, it will grow back!"
louis mielke

Post by louis mielke »

Here's the part number and price for just the right cover.

You can buy a early 90's CR250r quick change cover for about $25 on ebay and save a few dollars. after that your just need your water pump parts, hopefully your impeller is still good. Also order new seals, and the needed gaskets. SHould cost just under $200 maybe a little over when your all said and done if you shop smart.

COVER, R. CRANKCASE $150.29

Parts zilla lists them for 145.90

Here you go, call Partzilla 877.473.4595 ask for part number 11340-MAC-670
"Don't worry, it will grow back!"
Disturbed

Post by Disturbed »

Thank you very much.