Dep pipe?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
bwalker

Dep pipe?

Post by bwalker »

Does anyone have experience with these?
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

I've got one on my AF I bought from Roosty.
It would be hard for me to compare it to the others, since this motor is so modified and I've never ran another pipe on it.

Short answer is it works great on the bike I have it on now.
Pulls hard from idle all the way up to "holy sh!t!"

Roostius might be able to tell you more about how it acts on a dyno, but he's a pretty busy guy!
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

sure.
There are monday-thursday pipes and then there are the friday pipes.
I've had both. The friday pipe was dragged across thier floor, gouged and dented before plating :lol:

They work decent, likely my 2nd choice for in-production pipes. They fit slim to the chassis like a PC would but have more low end and RPM higher. They are a thinner frail material that dings easily with rocks.
I've liked to use FMF silencers instead of their part.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I say second choice because the FMF fatty is back in production after some serious pushing.
The DEP will fit and clear more AF chassis bikes than the fatty will and they offer an AF version with an altered rear mount which may work out for most guys.
The pipe is available bare or plated which also seems to matter to guys who like to have scotchbrite and wd-40 in hand.
hankbgood

Post by hankbgood »

Where can I purchase the DEP pipe for a CR500AF? It says they are currently not available on the DEP website. Thanks
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

If Tom at DEP is put then you're sol. Call him tho, he'll het one happening for you.