Polaris Four stroke

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
jr475

Polaris Four stroke

Post by jr475 »

I realize that it is not a bike or a Honda. I picked up a 99 Polaris Trailboss 325. I got it running but it does not have any spark until you touch the accelerator.

I only figured this out after I was checking for spark and found it only has spark if you give it gas.

It runs good unless you let off the gas. First time for me just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what the solution was.

Thanks
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

probably has a throttle safety switch . usualy located in throttle housing , to prevent spark if throttle is stuck,,,, or kill switch wires in throttle housing are screwed up and shorting out when throttle is at idle
jr475

Post by jr475 »

I will have to tear apart the throttle and check that. We unhooked the kill switch with no change. Thanks

P.S I wish my 500 had a switch to kill it if is sticks wfo.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Service manuals are golden.
For instance, I struggled to get the engine out of my '85.
Then read the manual step by step and it was revealed to take it out the opposite side.
At the very least, go online and get a parts breakdown and it will tell you if there is such a switch.
jr475

Post by jr475 »

There is two wires that go into the throttle assembly with a kill switch attached to them. Slight adjustment needed on the cable and it is good to go. Only had the quad a few days so no chance to get a manual yet. That is usually the 1st thing to buy. Thanks for the help I got a quad to beat the shit out of.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Hey, that's what quads are good for :)