Millar Auto Machine Company

Send your stuff here, to companies you can trust!!!!!
Boise Synthetics 95

Post by Boise Synthetics 95 »

Cases in the oven at 125 degrees, Crank in the freezer for one hour. I install the bearings that way as well.
louis mielke

Post by louis mielke »

I never understood why people bother "pressing" bearings into aluminum housings. I've even heard them say "I beat them in" wtf?

It takes no effort at all with a toaster oven and a freezer. Toaster oven drops bearings out, I literally put them in over and a few minutes later and hear the tell tale 'CLang" of bearings dropping out onto the lower racks.

Freezer shrinks my parts just enough to make em slip fit.

Why put the effort in with a press or hammer?

Only thing I could say is if you were just trying to replace just ONE bearing, maybe then I could justify it but I'd use a puller, not a press.
"Don't worry, it will grow back!"
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

just today took some waterpump bearings out of ktm clutch cover. 180* in the over for 20min
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

Just took my rebuilt '85 motor out for a rip yesterday in a Gen1 AF.
Vibration is down considerably, and horsepower is excessive.
Not sure if its the 250 ignition, or if Adam massaged the ports.
Either way, I'm very happy with the motor!
Thanks Roosty!

Now I just need to try the other motor I have sitting in the cooler. :roll:
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

Another fine head decompressor by Millar.
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
AURORA

Post by AURORA »

[quote="dubious01"][b][size=18]I cant wait to give an independant testament . My motors should be returning to me very soon. So far I am completely satisfied wit the transaction. Adam has been in touch with me almost every day, always calls if he is unsure of my requests, and has done a job no other would do.
repaired cases,
rebuilt cranks
complete top end and bottom end rebuilds
replaced every bearing and seal in the bottom end
hot wash all parts,
sand blast motor and paint afterwards
all new fasteners from the countershaft bolt and washer, to the head studs and nuts, and everything in between.
decompressor head,
modify the cylinder head squish, and cut for cc
TWIRP port on one motor with my requested exh duration.
stock rebuild on the other, with more exh duration and tighetr squish as per my special requests
Grinded my cases for AF spring clearnace

He has had more suggestions and saved me more trouble than I can even mention

Normally I do my own work, I dont trust anyone, but as soon as the transaction started, I was releived
He showed more interest in my motors than Im did, went above and beyond to ensure all was done right and the best it can be

Its sad but there arent many mechanics that have more knowledge about the 500 than a good hoon, so finding someone like adam is a real gift for us 500 guys

The great part is he has piles of experience, and when I questioned my own idea's he was someone i felt would offer good advice and help me make the right decision[/size][/b][/quote]

[b]How about a ride report?[/b]