ELECTRIC START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

i am interested in estart would you share info
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
ylwgtr

Post by ylwgtr »

What would you like to know?Im prepared to answer any questions you have although all "why do you need electric start for if you can't start it don't ride it" will be answered with a "why don't you bolt drum brakes or a solid steel strut in place of your shocks...technology is a wonderful thing isn't it?" :)
other

Post by other »

I'm with Gregrobo on this . . . . I love the idea of an ES CR500AF, and was going to do something with it myself, but got sidetracked with fuel-injection . . . As much as I love my AF, and have no problem starting it under ideal conditions. there are SO many occasions I have wished for the electric leg. It only takes a few degrees of off-camber to make the KS a bloody nuisance !
Please share, there are plenty of people who are interested, and will pay for this convenience . . . . .
o.t.h.e.r . . . . .Over The Hill Enduro Rider
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Lithium Ion batteries are the way to go for this. Insanely light, tons of energy in a small package. Expensive-yes. But there is no better option IMO
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
ylwgtr

Post by ylwgtr »

^^^^
Already on it mate :)
ylwgtr

Post by ylwgtr »

But we are only up to 3 pages of nothing....best you guys get posting 7 pages to go!!!
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

a parts list of what you done with some photos i am a believer mate so a bit of a build thread I am also looking into if the crfx style of starter will work on the back of the clutch drive
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
ylwgtr

Post by ylwgtr »

ok no worries mate....im a bit busy these days will see what i can do....i will get back onto it when i get a minute,i bought a brand new 2014 yz250f without an engine so any spare time it getting spent on fitting a yz250 engine with an eddie sanders 325 kit in it....pretty much the same a the kx job though and i got that working so the chase was sort of over
other

Post by other »

gregrobo wrote:a parts list of what you done with some photos i am a believer mate so a bit of a build thread I am also looking into if the crfx style of starter will work on the back of the clutch drive
Yep, that was what I had in mind too Greg, but I have a Husqvarna 510 starter motor and starter clutch I was going to adapt. Looks way more robust than the CRFX stuff.
o.t.h.e.r . . . . .Over The Hill Enduro Rider
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Would love an E-start. Even from sitting around, 10-15 slow primer kicks, and one good kick and mine is running. But, the button would be nice.

And I doubt I would notice the weight. I can ride my buddies CRF450X way faster than I can any bike of my own, and it weighs a solid 30 pounds more than my bike. I am sure the 450R would feel REALLY nice, but the reality is that 10 extra pounds is nothing-my trail pack weighs more than that!

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

I can ride my buddies CRF450X way faster than I can any bike of my own
get the 500 set up right and things will change, it did for me
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
GB1073

E-start

Post by GB1073 »

Ylwgtr, have you made progress on the e-start for the CR500? I would like the option of adding it to my 500AFC. :D
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

2strokeforever wrote:
I can ride my buddies CRF450X way faster than I can any bike of my own
get the 500 set up right and things will change, it did for me
02 suspension vs 06 suspension, and the 06 is still cherry, my bike has been ridden a LOT. Suspension isnt clapped out, but it needs rebuilt completely.

That, and the 500 clutch wears out my hand - 450 is butter. And the power keeps the front end light on the 500, the 450 stays planted and tracks better under power. And overall the 450 takes a lot less energy out of me to ride.

Love the 500, would love a 2012 450/500 with a hydraulic clutch......

learning how to adjust clickers would help with my suspension woes. I can solve major handling issues, but the finer stuff I just "ride around" per se, and just deal with it because I dont know what the bike is exactly doing, so I dont know how to fix it. Definitely another reason his bike handles so nice for me. When it comes to suspension, I am clueless.

Problem is, nowhere close to ride. So, when I go somewhere to ride, I dont have the patience to fiddle with suspension - I spend the whole day on the bike. Zero test & tune time :(

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6