gen 1 build questions

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
blowinsmoke

gen 1 build questions

Post by blowinsmoke »

Hey guys , I finally got my project out of storage and moving forward again. Can anyone tell me what the trick set up is for "y"ing the hose at the top of the head? Also does anyone know if I can swap a swing arm from a 02 cr250 to a 98, I'm having trouble finding a rear wheel for the 98. Thanks.
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

I did this on my first one, it cost about $0.75, and has been holding up for years.

I had Roosty make this one for my second build.

Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
blowinsmoke

Post by blowinsmoke »

Thanks man I actually mocked up a piece just like that , but was a little worried about the hoses slipping off and was hoping someone knew of something a little prettier without welding the head. Looks like I'm going to give it a go. What exhaust system do you run? I have the pc pipe and I'm not sure which silencer to run with it. I have several 250 silencers I could mod, but will this affect the performance since the inlet pipe seems to be a little smaller?
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

I have ran both pro circuit and fmf, they both fit decently.
Any 91-01 cr500 silencer should bolt right up like stock to the 91-01 pipe.
Don't try to use a 250 silencer.
Get one for a late cr500.
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com